Syrea, the Null and the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDeathstalker

06-03-2010

Syrea, the Null and the Void
Melee DPS/Chaser

Passive - Blink of an Eye - Syrea gains X% of the distance she has traveled in the last two seconds as a dodge chance and gains Y movespeed for every attack she has dodged in the last two seconds.

Q - Ride the Lightning - Buffs an ally, increasing their speed by X. If they cast a projectile spell, Syrea blinks to 'ride' the spell, traveling along with it and increasing its speed by Y% and applying Silence to any foe damaged by the spell.

W - Nullify - Teleports to targeted point, nullifying the space she bypasses, draining X mana from struck foes. If any foes were slienced, the effect is doubled and the mana combusts, dealing an equal amount of damage to the opponent's health.

E - Farside Foxtrot - The next attack you make deals X additional damage and teleports you and your opponent Y(~200?) distance in the direction you are facing. This skill costs no mana to use, and has no cooldown, but upon dealing damage, either drains Z mana, or if you have less than that much mana, you are Silenced for a few seconds.

R - Ultimate - Rift - Creates a Rift at your location. Rifts deal light Magical damage and reduce AP by X on nearby foes. Upon creating a second rift, Syrea can travel instantaneously between the two. Creating a third rift closes the first.

So, I just wrote this champion up for a WC3 map (Desert of Exile) and figured I'd translate it over here to see what you guys think of it. The basic challenge was "make a 4 blink champion that works," which I think I have, but not sure. Again, that's why we post these, to get feedback and told how we're doing it wrong, so let me know!

Xenotime Gaze

06-03-2010

Lol, I like the champ but she confuses me. her dodge percent increases as she's running away/ towards a battle and her movement speed increases for every attack she dodged... sounds like a good escape mechanic. not sure about the synergy though.... >_>""" I like the synergy she has of the Q and W skils, but her E makes me confused. she essentially pushes them in the direction she faces when she attacks them... it would be very hard to utilize this skill effectively outside of ganks. maybe make them move in the opposite direction? idk....
I can only assume that her R works similar to Kasadin's riftwalk in terms of cooldowns or else this makes very little sense. good mechanic though. i would like the map control.

(oh, and her Q should only wokr on the 1st hit. i cant imagine what would happen if she rode a bouncing spell xD)

TheDeathstalker

06-03-2010

Well yeah, the E would require you to really be on top of your own positioning, but would have huge rewards if you can pull it off (you could, in theory, slap someone halfway across the map without them being able to do a whole lot about it).

Another nice use of it is in concordance with the Q and W, where you ride a nuke into a teamfight, hop to the backside of a champ, then slap him out and towards your team. Nowhere near as easy as a Blitz hook, but significantly more fun. The idea behind the skill is that it is almost infinitely versatile, especially when teamed with the other skills you've got. Hell, you could make a habit out of it, dropping a Rift after you Ride in, then once you Foxtrot back to your team, hop back in another rift, and fish another squishy right out from under them. Suddenly it's 3v5 (if you do it perfectly)

And yeah, I may want to rethink the passive, at least in the "If dodge, then this" aspect. I like the distance traveled dodge though.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

Its interesting- a blink champion would be fun- but I personally wouldn't trust my teammates not to throw ride the lighting straight into a tower/ 3 enemy champions.

I have two other concerns though: what does this hero have to actually damage with? It seems like there are a lot of blinks and ways to move, but nowhere that the champion can fight in well- are you supposed to always blink to do damage?

The other concern is that there may be too much fleeing potential.

Deeplight

06-03-2010

OMGAWD I wanna play DoE!!

gimme a sec...review on the way.

TheDeathstalker

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Its interesting- a blink champion would be fun- but I personally wouldn't trust my teammates not to throw ride the lighting straight into a tower/ 3 enemy champions.
That's why it's nifty to just toss it on yourself and use it as a movespeed boost. Or on your freindly neighborhood Singed. I agree though in PUGs, I don't expect it to be used too much, but it's an invaluable skill if used right.

Quote:
I have two other concerns though: what does this hero have to actually damage with? It seems like there are a lot of blinks and ways to move, but nowhere that the champion can fight in well- are you supposed to always blink to do damage?
Basically I expected Foxtrot to fulfill the damage role. Drop a Lich Bane on this crazy lady, and you've got a LOT of damage being pumped into a single target as long as you can sustain it.

Quote:
The other concern is that there may be too much fleeing potential.
Yup, lots and lots of it. It's one of her selling points, I suppose.

Although, I'm starting to like her passive less and less. Someone throw out a fix and I'll see what I can do about that, as that's probably one of the larger problems she faces.

Hrm... could I just swap Dodge with AS for the passive?

Deeplight

06-07-2010

Okay (I'm sorry this took so long) at first I was really skeptical about this multi-blinking champion since most people hate one blink let alone multiple. However, after going through this champion thoroughly it is obvious you worked really hard to avoid any real trouble with multiple teleports. This champion only truly has one manual flash ability while the others have specific conditions to work and she only has so much control on where they go. Very well done.

Passive: This was nicely done giving this champion some survivability based of her forte (mobility) and in the end she gets even more mobility. I however, would personally trade the movespeed for attack speed, seeing as this character needs more offensive potential over more movement power. This would break the movement/dodge cycle but I feel increased attack speed would have some serious potential.\
I'm sort of afraid though, that it would be difficult to balance the dodge % correctly. I believe that if she travels pretty quickly that the dodge chance could reach ridiculous amounts because 2 seconds isn't very long. However, if it is too low you will hardly ever get the MS or AS buff that could be crucial. A possible fix would to make it so this champion gets both dodge and AS buff based of distance traveled, but this might be OP idk. Just and idea.

Q: This spell is great but like someone mentioned earlier takes buckets of trust in your team mate that he's not gunna throw you into some really crappy situation. Even then you do have some really neat escape mechanics (preset portal and your mana drain blink) This would be awesome on Ashe's arrow with your passive lol. Travel down a lane gaining massive dodge chance, Ashe's arrow stuns for eternity and you just wail on the opponent. Favorite spell on this champion.

W: Basic flash spell with a mana combustion and a twist. Sorta needed it, but it would have been interesting if you could have avoided any "flash" mechanic spells. Just a thought.

E: Now this spell. Sorta tricky to wrap one's mind around. So I get bonus damage on strike and both the target and I are teleported in the direction I'm facing. This definitely add a twist to taking note of your positioning. Could I throw an attack at someone and then turn around to teleport the other way? I suppose this would be helpful in moving enemies into desired positions.

R: Here's the cherry on top. Not necessarily a "blink" ability but a portal that still has its synergy with the rest of these abilities. (Ride in and Portal out) Do these portals have no time limit? If not the damage and ap drain must be pretty minimal or you will just have permanent aoe damage spot on the map in which no one can stop. Also is there a cool down on using the portals? If not one could jump continuously between lanes and keep their dodge chance ridiculously high. I was thinking a slight tweak would be that you could add a small mana cost on using the portals and a larger cost for allowing ally champions to use the portals o.O Idk just and idea. (awesome gank potential and Ride in, drop a portal and have everyone portal into a team fight ^.^)

Anyways, nice idea ^.^

Slyvvr

Recruiter

06-07-2010

lol at ashe arrow ride xD owned at base xD