Corki - A First Look

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProHoe

10-21-2009

In my opinon AP corki is worthless. I admit that increasing the damage on phosph bomb can be usefull, but even without the increased damage it is still increadibly usefull; plus in most cases phosph bomb can only be used once a fight where as you are auto attacking the entire fight. As far as valkery as an offensive obility, that just seems stupid. For one any player noticing that corki is going AP will not stand in his napalm, would you stand in Morganas AOE, no, so same thing goes with valk. Second using valk as an offensive ability takes away corki's natural survivability. In my opinion valk should never be used unless your are running away, getting out of ultimates/aoe quickly such as nunu's, or chasing for a gaurenteed kill. Also the AP ratio on the missles is pretty weak and barely makes them better than an attack power corki. Gatling gun should be used as the main farming tool and offensive ability. The aoe can be moved and aimed unlike valk, and the armor reduction along with his passive create masive auto attacks. Ive seen people say valk is way better for farming and i feel that is a mistake. With 1 B.F. sword a single use of gatling can clear a full wave of creeps even if its a solid 20+ units. They do not need to be lined up in a perfect row (yes creeps often are lined up, but this isnt always the case and you dont have worry about properly possitioning the ability as gatling gun hits such a large area in front of corki). Also going attack damage makes killing the golem/lizard/dragon faster when OOM and about to head into the base to purchase/regen. A good player has no problem getting out of valk and juking missles in between attacks but no one can dodge and auto attack which is the number one reason I think an an attack power build is much stronger.

cazoofoo

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
The only problem with that is, given how squishy Corki is, he is very liable to get stunned, slowed and/or disabled before he can return to safety.

yeah and thats how i get most of my deaths...

In my opinon AP corki is worthless. I admit that increasing the damage on phosph bomb can be usefull, but even without the increased damage it is still increadibly usefull; plus in most cases phosph bomb can only be used once a fight where as you are auto attacking the entire fight. As far as valkery as an offensive obility, that just seems stupid. For one any player noticing that corki is going AP will not stand in his napalm, would you stand in Morganas AOE, no, so same thing goes with valk. Second using valk as an offensive ability takes away corki's natural survivability. In my opinion valk should never be used unless your are running away, getting out of ultimates/aoe quickly such as nunu's, or chasing for a gaurenteed kill. Also the AP ratio on the missles is pretty weak and barely makes them better than an attack power corki. Gatling gun should be used as the main farming tool and offensive ability. The aoe can be moved and aimed unlike valk, and the armor reduction along with his passive create masive auto attacks. Ive seen people say valk is way better for farming and i feel that is a mistake. With 1 B.F. sword a single use of gatling can clear a full wave of creeps even if its a solid 20+ units. They do not need to be lined up in a perfect row (yes creeps often are lined up, but this isnt always the case and you dont have worry about properly possitioning the ability as gatling gun hits such a large area in front of corki). Also going attack damage makes killing the golem/lizard/dragon faster when OOM and about to head into the base to purchase/regen. A good player has no problem getting out of valk and juking missles in between attacks but no one can dodge and auto attack which is the number one reason I think an an attack power build is much stronger.

sir i slap you with a wet fish for your slandourus talk!

Cereal

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

Well...before the massive nerf to his ap ratios, particularly on Valk, it WAS clearly better to build him AP. I'd go every game getting at least 300 ap. I started with regen runes, heal and exhaust, so I didn't need to buy mana regen first, and if I could I had my team help me get mana sigil at start. Always started with ap book and hp potion.

Built: Mejai's (can't believe no one mentioned this! 70 free ap for kills and its on a cheap item with great piecemealed components) then sorcerers boots, then it depended, if I needed I might grab an hp item-rod of ages- or if they weren't able to put up too much of a fight I'd go the "kill them faster before they even hurt you" route and get zhonya's, then after the my build was very situational-often banshee's to overcome the whole, "don't go in you are squishy" to become just don't go in first.

AND why did no one mention Valkyrie right OVER them, towards their path of escape? Valk over them and phosph bomb as you pass over, and follow up with gat, missiles, phosph again, and if a tougher hero exhaust them...DONE.

CrustyCake

08-17-2010

O: Oh noes!!

imaperson2

08-19-2010

wow necro. anyways, corki with armor pen runes but no gatling? o.o tri-force but no real atk damage? o.o that's an expensive build, and doesn't work very effectively as a hybrid, because ap ratios are bad, and you have low damage for gatling/basic attacks.

MisterExpendable

08-19-2010

I usually go with a crit Corki build when I build him. It's actually very effective. I start out with Vampiric Scepter, build it up into a Bloodthirster, get boots, then an Infinity Edge. After that, I get 2 Phantom Dancers, and one last situational item (Usually another Infinity Edge to max out my crit chance and increase my base damage). This build has been very effective for me, though most games don't last long enough for me to finish my build.

Harrak

08-20-2010

I approve of the build detailed above, though I usually get a Sword of the Occult if I feel like it's going to be a high-scoring game for me, or a Black Cleaver otherwise.

Edit: That is, in place of the Bloodthirster.

CG Uz

08-20-2010

I find AD to be better on him and with a BC and Gattling gun he can shred armor

Pwnacus Maximus

08-20-2010

Dear jesus christ this is an old thread, based on the old corki. please stop bumping it.

grimphoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

trinity force is the best item for corki at all, i have been speccing gat and phos bomb early (blind ftw) then going for the mallet (forget the name, its the one that builds from the HP crystal) and shean for tri force pieces, at this point you are doing way too much damage and can seriously rage, when (and if) you return to base, grab the trinity force, and begin building manamusa (the sword that adds %2 of your mana as attack) if you have enough money. proceed to rage again, harass, always be between your minions and everything, spec missiles whenever you can, get back to base when you can finish manamusa, this ups your mana by 1000, ups regen, and significantly buffs your attack (stacking mana buff alone with it's average buff is 44 attack power, plus your base mana) begin work on bloodthirstier, this requires little explanation, in this spec, your auto attack can deal hundreds of damage, %18 lifesteal, do the math.
the game should be over by the time you have bloodthirstier, if not, whatever you can afford with the most ATP.

Enemies to fear (i remember few names)
the lich (drain circle is a *******)
Major tanks (lots of health, if you do not already have them down, they will kill you)
annie(stun lock)
master whatsisname(huge dps, if he has multiple shadowdancers, be prepared to die, squish)
ashe(stun locks+across the map shot)

Best fights
any mele that is not a tank and is not master wu
brand(no clue why, he just tends to be really easy to kill for me)

Spec
surprisingly, it is good to use a defensive build, he has enough dps already, defense lets him get off a second set of abilities before going squish, i can not remember the name, but there is a second tier ability that is really good for him in defense, it looks like a tree, get that, otherwise, check what is best for you.

Runes
HP/MP Regen all the way, then cool downs, then it is your choice, it would not be fun if i just told you everything (hold off on runes til at least T2)

Remember, not getting hit is first priority with corki, Valkyrie is good if it is just ONE more missile, but he is not a good tower pusher, keep that in mind.