Corki - A First Look

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindico Atrum

09-19-2009

His ult is fantastic, but the AP ratio is ****. When nunu's run around doing 3k on thier ult, 7*400 damage IF all hit is a bit ****. Same with ryze, awesome ult, has the skills(read: rune prison) to make it work. We don't, but hey, its fun.

Hmmer94

09-19-2009

He needs minor tweaking, but nothing like what u are sudjesting

Klinkin

09-19-2009

The Gatling gun is actually quite useful for killing minions, especially when there are loads of them. I find it to be a better AoE against minions than phosphorus bombs or rockets.
Also, the rockets are awesome.

SG GodFlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-19-2009

Tested out some stuff and updated a bit.

Mr Tibbers

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
His ult is fantastic, but the AP ratio is ****. When nunu's run around doing 3k on thier ult, 7*400 damage IF all hit is a bit ****. Same with ryze, awesome ult, has the skills(read: rune prison) to make it work. We don't, but hey, its fun.
Just want to point out that every fourth one does a bit of extra damage. Or it seems that way. And, by the time you shoot all seven off (assuming you took time to aim and they just sat around) you should have at least one more up.

Virid Shaman

09-19-2009

Good guide, I usually switch between bomb and Gatling gun early game and one point of Valkyrie at level 4 in case I need to chase or escape. I used to get Sorcerer's Boots, but I switched to getting Boots of Swiftness instead granted some people may not agree with me I feel that since he has no stun or slow until you get a frozen mallet (in case you want to) and his only means of escape and chase is Valkyrie I use them to get that little extra speed to preemptively escape ganks.

My usual item build is:

Philospher's Stone
Boots of Swiftness
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Lichbane
Frozen mallet (For extra health and the slow)
Abysmal Scepter
Zhonya's Ring

If the game lasts extra long where one did I worked for a Trinity Force.

Killrazor

09-19-2009

ya corki is sweet. I went pure attack with him, and gatling just rapes. one thing about corki that is great is that there are several ways to play him, and each are successful. he is a very versatile character and can be built several diff ways to suit any style.

RamboBatman

09-20-2009

While I've only had the chance to play Corki a couple of times I think the decision you need to make when buliding him is what you're going to use for your farming skill. Gattling gun is great farming when you're going solo vs. 2 as you're probably gong to be near your tower and mowing down already damaged minions from relative safety. The fact that your opponents are splitting experience and you are not will allow you to out level them and you'll get to your ult before they get to theirs. If you're 2 v. 2 there will more likely be some back and forth in which case gat will leave your tiny HP too exposed. Instead, harass the **** out of them with phosphorous bomb. The range and damage are pretty good and will most likely cause them to fall back, making them lose out on XP, allowing both you and your lanemate to out-level them. If you're 2 vs. 1 get valkyrie as your second skill (after phosphorous) and you'll be hopefully be able to chase down a fleeing opponent and get an early kill before he starts outleveling you.

SG GodFlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboBatman View Post
While I've only had the chance to play Corki a couple of times I think the decision you need to make when buliding him is what you're going to use for your farming skill. Gattling gun is great farming when you're going solo vs. 2 as you're probably gong to be near your tower and mowing down already damaged minions from relative safety. The fact that your opponents are splitting experience and you are not will allow you to out level them and you'll get to your ult before they get to theirs. If you're 2 v. 2 there will more likely be some back and forth in which case gat will leave your tiny HP too exposed. Instead, harass the **** out of them with phosphorous bomb. The range and damage are pretty good and will most likely cause them to fall back, making them lose out on XP, allowing both you and your lanemate to out-level them. If you're 2 vs. 1 get valkyrie as your second skill (after phosphorous) and you'll be hopefully be able to chase down a fleeing opponent and get an early kill before he starts outleveling you.
Yeah, I was thinking about that since you can stay behind your wave of minions with Gatling Gun but you move to the opposing champion's minions with Valkyrie.

Deshi

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shido View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about that since you can stay behind your wave of minions with Gatling Gun but you move to the opposing champion's minions with Valkyrie.
The only problem with that is, given how squishy Corki is, he is very liable to get stunned, slowed and/or disabled before he can return to safety.