Corki or Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaifou

Junior Member

06-04-2010

AP Corki is fun as hell to play, and very hard to kill. He can carry early game after level 6 or so, and then feed kills to the rest of his team in mid-late game due to his immense amount of splash damage and defensive side of phos bomb.

AD Corki is a gimmick, much like any other AD carry that takes 45 minutes to come into their own. By this time, AP Corki has already won the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MASE STUN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaifou View Post
AP Corki is fun as hell to play, and very hard to kill. He can carry early game after level 6 or so, and then feed kills to the rest of his team in mid-late game due to his immense amount of splash damage and defensive side of phos bomb.

AD Corki is a gimmick, much like any other AD carry that takes 45 minutes to come into their own. By this time, AP Corki has already won the game.
his skills dont have that high of a ratio, and phosphorous bomb is 1 nuke.
also your claim that all dps carries take 45 mins to be useful makes your credibility rather dubious


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Fettuccine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-04-2010

I'm biased. I love both Corki and Ezreal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Entropy

Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyBear View Post
I'm biased. I love both Corki and Ezreal.
Im guessing you have no idea what biased means.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaifou

Junior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILEYCYRUSHERPES View Post
his skills dont have that high of a ratio, and phosphorous bomb is 1 nuke.
also your claim that all dps carries take 45 mins to be useful makes your credibility rather dubious
Uh yeah, phos bomb is 1 nuke...where are you going with this? Manner rockits are also splash.

His subpar AP ratios are not relevant - the point of AP Corki is to harass from afar and offer ranged support while being able to tank a bit of damage and make it thru alive to gain soulstealer stacks. Once you cap out mejaj and get closer to finishing your items, phos bomb will have a +250 mod in a large AoE, and you will have a lot of splash to throw around. In a team fight last night, I led with bomb > rockits > valk away, absorbing a few nukes and taking the other team to half health before my allies even blew any abilities. I won't bore you with the result of that battle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MASE STUN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaifou View Post
tank a bit of damage
this is funny to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MysticWonder

Senior Member

06-04-2010

Take corki after all the games ive played with him my Kill to Death ratio is 140/23, he was the first champion I ever used and he is still my favorite. IF youre willing to learn him and not play him like hes a tank (like most people do) you will have an absolute blast with corki. However if youre one of the people that just listens to players that cry about how he isnt like Shen (pretty much unkillable no matter who is using him) then go with the other guy. One less bad corki to deal with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaifou

Junior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILEYCYRUSHERPES View Post
this is funny to me.
Why? AP Corki has tons of health, and can harass without risking much due to huge radius of bomb / long range of rockets. It's not like I'm wading into their team to give them a love tap...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craixis

Senior Member

06-04-2010

AD corki has the same benefits as AP corki, just with (slightly) weaker nukes...
At least from what I've noticed, his Nukes pack a punch even without AP, while AD Corki's Gat gun ends up dealing much more damage (along with Black Cleaver, there's no armor to stop normal attacks).

I mean, when I play AD corki, I can kill a minion wave in two shots with Phos bomb and his ult, why get AP when I can do the same thing and more with AD? To me, he feels kind've like Ryze... sure, I could stack AP, but I'll do better if I stack a bit of survivability and cooldown reduction (or in Corki's case, AD). AD Corki can easily nuke as hard as AP Corki, but with a little extra (as one of his nukes will have to be Gat Gun, which scales with AD), he's ultimately better AD because it opens up more possibilities because it gives you an extra high damage skill over AP Corki (because lets face it, you're not gonna use Valkyrie for the Nuke, right?)
Of course, my build also provides Corki with a bit of HP from Frozen mallet (about the same as you'd get from most AP items, if I remember correctly), its a must for him for AD... but most of you already know this.

However, in Ezreal vs Corki, its completely reliant on how you want to play. I find Ezreal works much better if you're not one to like the pressure of mid, but still want to be a threat from early to late game (its very easy to Gank with Ezreal, and he's very good at escapes), give him a Sheen early on for whatever build you want to go (AD/AP) and you'll have damage set for awhile. His ability to heal his teammates makes him very valuable in team fights, while his single target damage is amazing. He's also very non team reliant, as he can easily score kills through careful Essence Fluxes and Mystic Shots. He ultimately is better for Solo Que (which I'm assuming you're doing).

Corki, on the otherhand... he's got a wide variety of AoE nukes (all his skills deal AoE damage, and pack a punch with or without AP, as I have stated earily), his Valky is easily the best escape mechanism in the game (people have to take an indirect line to follow you, or risk damage, which can easily turn the tables for you), his auto attack damage is great (as he deals 10% extra damage per shot, without armor stacking against it, take that, Ezreal!), and at level 6 he can easily out push his lane against almost any enemy... he's a really great character all around, except that he relies on his team's ability to fight...

Unlike Ezreal, the cooldown on Valk is too long to make it good for positioning, his range is shorter (outside of Missile Barrage), and he ultimately can't initiate (while Ezreal's ult can be used like Ashe's arrow), he's also a bit slower, but that's not as large a problem. He can easily be ambushed and get out alive, just as Ezreal can, but he is much harder to get a hang of (Ezreal's skill shots are easy, while Corki has to play in the "Danger" Zone in order to do anything effective). Oh, and Corki is a great counter for Akali and other stealthies, because of his Phos bomb (though Wards are more reliable). Corki also can farm much easier then Ezreal (1 Phos bomb and 2 Missile Barrage kills a full wave of creeps, only 1 missile if its a "Big One")

It all depends, how do you play? Do you solo que often? Are you one who likes to have a strong early game, or a strong late game? Do you like being able to kill the whole enemy team before or after a team fight? There's many different things both characters can do, it all depends, what do you want to do?

Both characters are good at supporting the team, Corki's Phos bomb lowers enemy hit chance, while Ezreal can lower enemy attack speed while increasing allied attack speed. Corki pumps out heavy AoE damage, while Ezreal wrecks one target very easy, while still having two strong AoEs. Corki can be played without AP and still deal high damage with skills, while Ezreal can be played AD, 3 of his skills suffer greatly for it (as they scale well with AP).

Both are very viable characters, both play very differently, I prefer Ezreal because I have a tendancy to solo que, and I like to initiate, while when I played Corki, he cleaned up really well (I mean, he can chase down a whole weakened enemy team, get ambushed by them, and AoE them to death)... Corki's like a Janitor, up front, he's a nobody, but when you get to know him, he's a very interesting character... he's also good at his job. Ezreal can clean up, but he doesn't have that Corki Edge where he can lose his whole team and still score an Ace, however, he's a lot better up front, as he can move around a teamfight like no one's business (people have a harder time FFing Ezreal because of Essence Flux's short cooldown).

So what are you, the frontline fighter, or the strong AoE pusher who cleans up teamfights?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaifou

Junior Member

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
AD corki has the same benefits as AP corki, just with (slightly) weaker nukes...
At least from what I've noticed, his Nukes pack a punch even without AP, while AD Corki's Gat gun ends up dealing much more damage (along with Black Cleaver, there's no armor to stop normal attacks).

I mean, when I play AD corki, I can kill a minion wave in two shots with Phos bomb and his ult, why get AP when I can do the same thing and more with AD? To me, he feels kind've like Ryze... sure, I could stack AP, but I'll do better if I stack a bit of survivability and cooldown reduction (or in Corki's case, AD). AD Corki can easily nuke as hard as AP Corki, but with a little extra (as one of his nukes will have to be Gat Gun, which scales with AD), he's ultimately better AD because it opens up more possibilities because it gives you an extra high damage skill over AP Corki (because lets face it, you're not gonna use Valkyrie for the Nuke, right?)
Of course, my build also provides Corki with a bit of HP from Frozen mallet (about the same as you'd get from most AP items, if I remember correctly), its a must for him for AD... but most of you already know this.

However, in Ezreal vs Corki, its completely reliant on how you want to play. I find Ezreal works much better if you're not one to like the pressure of mid, but still want to be a threat from early to late game (its very easy to Gank with Ezreal, and he's very good at escapes), give him a Sheen early on for whatever build you want to go (AD/AP) and you'll have damage set for awhile. His ability to heal his teammates makes him very valuable in team fights, while his single target damage is amazing. He's also very non team reliant, as he can easily score kills through careful Essence Fluxes and Mystic Shots. He ultimately is better for Solo Que (which I'm assuming you're doing).

Corki, on the otherhand... he's got a wide variety of AoE nukes (all his skills deal AoE damage, and pack a punch with or without AP, as I have stated earily), his Valky is easily the best escape mechanism in the game (people have to take an indirect line to follow you, or risk damage, which can easily turn the tables for you), his auto attack damage is great (as he deals 10% extra damage per shot, without armor stacking against it, take that, Ezreal!), and at level 6 he can easily out push his lane against almost any enemy... he's a really great character all around, except that he relies on his team's ability to fight...

Unlike Ezreal, the cooldown on Valk is too long to make it good for positioning, his range is shorter (outside of Missile Barrage), and he ultimately can't initiate (while Ezreal's ult can be used like Ashe's arrow), he's also a bit slower, but that's not as large a problem. He can easily be ambushed and get out alive, just as Ezreal can, but he is much harder to get a hang of (Ezreal's skill shots are easy, while Corki has to play in the "Danger" Zone in order to do anything effective). Oh, and Corki is a great counter for Akali and other stealthies, because of his Phos bomb (though Wards are more reliable). Corki also can farm much easier then Ezreal (1 Phos bomb and 2 Missile Barrage kills a full wave of creeps, only 1 missile if its a "Big One")

It all depends, how do you play? Do you solo que often? Are you one who likes to have a strong early game, or a strong late game? Do you like being able to kill the whole enemy team before or after a team fight? There's many different things both characters can do, it all depends, what do you want to do?

Both characters are good at supporting the team, Corki's Phos bomb lowers enemy hit chance, while Ezreal can lower enemy attack speed while increasing allied attack speed. Corki pumps out heavy AoE damage, while Ezreal wrecks one target very easy, while still having two strong AoEs. Corki can be played without AP and still deal high damage with skills, while Ezreal can be played AD, 3 of his skills suffer greatly for it (as they scale well with AP).

Both are very viable characters, both play very differently, I prefer Ezreal because I have a tendancy to solo que, and I like to initiate, while when I played Corki, he cleaned up really well (I mean, he can chase down a whole weakened enemy team, get ambushed by them, and AoE them to death)... Corki's like a Janitor, up front, he's a nobody, but when you get to know him, he's a very interesting character... he's also good at his job. Ezreal can clean up, but he doesn't have that Corki Edge where he can lose his whole team and still score an Ace, however, he's a lot better up front, as he can move around a teamfight like no one's business (people have a harder time FFing Ezreal because of Essence Flux's short cooldown).

So what are you, the frontline fighter, or the strong AoE pusher who cleans up teamfights?
Interesting points about Ezreal, makes me want to try him out even more (do I really need to fall in love with a 2nd 6k IP champ?)

Regarding your points about AP vs AD Corki; FYI AP Corki kills a minion wave in just one phos bomb. He feels nothing like Ryze to me (skinny squishie that has to walk up in your face to own you; particularly embarrasing vs Corki as I can unload, valk away, and keep firing rockets) due to his superior range. This to me opens more possibilities - AD revolves around farming a black cleaver (not even a midgame item) and getting up in people's face while praying you survive.

I play AP Corki in solo queue by the way.