Corki or Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
This sounds rather one sided so far.
Let me ask another question; which one is the better solo hero? Don't get me wrong, I know this is a team game and I love premades. But I generally prefer to take a solo lane.

Does anyone here also know which of the two 'escape/chase' spells are more effective (Range/cooldown wise for example)?

Thanks for the replies so far.

EDIT:
And which one is the better assassin (Ganking/single target DPS)? I am thinking Ezreal here from my own findings.
Ezreal seems to scale fine in a side lane. He's not a great solo lane because he gets countered by pushers and some of the harder harassers but he can stay in the lane pretty easily and get last hits if it gets too ugly. In my experience Corki is better at dishing out harassment hits and countering pushes but has a harder time staying in lane against some of the tougher mids (Tristana, Kat, Morde).

Comparing their mobility skills, Corki's has a longer CD and a travel time, but has a longer range; Ezreal's is instant, has a shorter CD, has a damage proc more likely to be useful, but shorter range. Ezreal's is better overall.

S Apexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

Hmm... I still find it quite difficult to decide.
I wish I could just buy them both - and eventually probably will with IP - but I feel it is kind of a waste to use all my riot points (Got 2100 or so right now) on heroes without buying any skins. Seeing skins are really the only exclusive thing you can get with Riot points. (And why does Red Baron have to be so expensive? It's a bummer that you can get the UFO one anymore, but make his only other available skin that much? Pfft)

Can't they just make Ezreal free for a day so I can try him out at the same time?

Prosecutor Godot

06-03-2010

Corki is more fun IMO.

IVIadHatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

The recent patch indirectly made corki so much stronger. The penetration changes putting % penetration after flat makes % reduction much weaker and incidentally makes flat reduction much more useful to team fights. A corki with a black cleaver can now be a pretty **** good asset in a teamfight to bring down armored targets. Corki lacks CC, true, but now he makes up for it with that flat reduction imo.

S Apexy

06-03-2010

I actually enjoy heroes without crowd control. I kind of leave that to others.
Both Ezreal and Corki have no crowd control as far as I know.

A question purely for Corki... Does his Gattling Gun apply certain effects or such? I noticed that I do not gain any health when I have life steal items or such for example and haven't tried with Black Cleaver or such yet.

Then for Ezreal. Is he better in general going AP or AD? His passive and first ability just seem to sound as if he would do so much better with AD. I suppose Hybrid would work best?

KrupsMcGee

06-03-2010

In summary:
Corki needs to solo mid, is unforgiving to mistakes, needs to be built AD (poor AP ratios make ap or hybrid lackluster), but is a high skill fun to play hard carry who needs team support which he will reward with good aoe burst and excellent sustained damage and teamfight support through armour reduction and blind. Steep learning curve, 1 dimensional build.

Ezreal can do well mid or in side lane, can be build AD, AP or Hybrid, can fill the role of Physical DPS, Nuker, but really shines in support/nuke role. Is a medium-high skill fun to play champ who supports any team well and rewards them with decent-awesome damage and nice heals. Hard to learn, easy to master with flexible build.

Both have similar playstyles: heavily reliant on good laning, strong teamwork, kiting, skillshot but the roles they fill are quite different.

Overall I think Ez is a more usefull champ to have on a team, but Corki is a better carry. Ez should almost always be support especially if you don't have another strong support on your team. Do you want to carry or do you want to support?

Also, killing with Corki is way more awesome because no one expects it.

Pain Dealér

Recruiter

06-03-2010

ez is really better than corky...

icallbotsolo

06-03-2010

Corki is better as soon as the next patch hits. Currently I would vote Ezreal, but with the nerf I would have to say Corki will be better soon.

S Apexy

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrupsMcGee View Post
In summary:
Corki needs to solo mid, is unforgiving to mistakes, needs to be built AD (poor AP ratios make ap or hybrid lackluster), but is a high skill fun to play hard carry who needs team support which he will reward with good aoe burst and excellent sustained damage and teamfight support through armour reduction and blind. Steep learning curve, 1 dimensional build.

Ezreal can do well mid or in side lane, can be build AD, AP or Hybrid, can fill the role of Physical DPS, Nuker, but really shines in support/nuke role. Is a medium-high skill fun to play champ who supports any team well and rewards them with decent-awesome damage and nice heals. Hard to learn, easy to master with flexible build.

Both have similar playstyles: heavily reliant on good laning, strong teamwork, kiting, skillshot but the roles they fill are quite different.

Overall I think Ez is a more usefull champ to have on a team, but Corki is a better carry. Ez should almost always be support especially if you don't have another strong support on your team. Do you want to carry or do you want to support?

Also, killing with Corki is way more awesome because no one expects it.
Alright. Thanks for summing that up.
I'll give it some thinking. I do like complicated heroes that have a good learning curve and both seem a bit above the average difficulty so that works for me. They both seem to be capable of soloing in lanes which is what I like best too. They both got a great escape ability which I really like.

One final question. Is Ezreal capable of 'carrying' a game as well? Of course every hero in this game has scaling and could potentially do very well but could he be considered a semi-carry? I generally prefer heroes with at least carry potential.

From what I have seen in my games both heroes could 'carry' a game but I am unaware if games in 'high elo' are the same or if Ezreal would have to go full support there. In which case I think I'd prefer Corki. (Currently I am around level 25 and no idea what kind of "ELO" I am in, I'd say around average)

MASE STUN

Recruiter

06-03-2010

corki is way more awesome and does a ton more damage

also ezreal is almost certainly get nerfed into the ground at some point due to his "balanced" nature

Quote:
I actually enjoy heroes without crowd control. I kind of leave that to others.
Both Ezreal and Corki have no crowd control as far as I know.

A question purely for Corki... Does his Gattling Gun apply certain effects or such? I noticed that I do not gain any health when I have life steal items or such for example and haven't tried with Black Cleaver or such yet.

Then for Ezreal. Is he better in general going AP or AD? His passive and first ability just seem to sound as if he would do so much better with AD. I suppose Hybrid would work best?
gatling gun does not apply on-hit effects as that would be rediculous (buy madreds and wits end -> lolwuthax?).
ad ezreal is only good on twisted treeline. ap is far superior on SR.

Quote:
Alright. Thanks for summing that up.
I'll give it some thinking. I do like complicated heroes that have a good learning curve and both seem a bit above the average difficulty so that works for me. They both seem to be capable of soloing in lanes which is what I like best too. They both got a great escape ability which I really like.

One final question. Is Ezreal capable of 'carrying' a game as well? Of course every hero in this game has scaling and could potentially do very well but could he be considered a semi-carry? I generally prefer heroes with at least carry potential.

From what I have seen in my games both heroes could 'carry' a game but I am unaware if games in 'high elo' are the same or if Ezreal would have to go full support there. In which case I think I'd prefer Corki. (Currently I am around level 25 and no idea what kind of "ELO" I am in, I'd say around average)
characters that shoot spells are limited in what they can do late game due to cooldowns. if by carry you mean get lots of kills, anyone can carry. but if you mean actually win the game for your team as they sit and cheer, then you most likely need a physical dps (such as corki).