Corki or Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S Apexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

So I'm considering buying either of these heroes.
I tried both of them out when they were free, Corki luckily for me right now is too.
And I quite liked the playstyle of both. Personally, I feel they actually have somewhat of a similar playstyle.

I am just wondering what people around here think is more fun to play and why.
Currently I've come up with this for myself:

- Corki's theme is much more awesome. (I think Ezreal is one of the most horrible looking heroes thus far)
- Corki has much better skins. Ezreal has one skin that changes his color (And actually makes his hair even worse). I don't know whether or not all his skins are available though. If I could, I'd get the UFO one - is that one still possible to get? (Wiki says no) And is Red Baron really 1800 or something? That seems way too much for a skin.

- Ezreal purely has skillshots. For me that is a plus.
- Ezreal has a more significant ultimate. Corki's is good, don't get me wrong, but I'd take Ezreal's over it anyday.

- They both have a lovely escape/chase ability.
- They're both ranged.

Can they both be built both AP and AD or is either limited? (I know Ezreal can go both ways)

Queue Dodge Hero

06-03-2010

Ezreal is better.

Corki is very meh and his movement feels so off/slow, just weird compared to all other champions.

Plus Corki sucks. The people who claim he is "one of best ranged carry" are just parroting what random high Elo players saidmany months ago. The game has changed, Corki doesn't cut it anymore.

tailspeeder

06-03-2010

Corki is one of the best ranged DPS in the game if you're willing to learn him. People that state otherwise just haven't seen good Corki players before.

JunkRamen

06-03-2010

Ezreal is generally the better pick because heals are good right now and he has them. Corki got weaker relative to other champs when the play style of the game shifted to healing and kiting instead of initiating and massing AoE.

Admonished

06-03-2010

Take it this way, Ezreal is team support where as Corki needs a team to support him. Now Corki is my most played champ but he's not gonna be of much help to you if you solo queue a lot. Ez definately fits into more team comps.

S Apexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

This sounds rather one sided so far.
Let me ask another question; which one is the better solo hero? Don't get me wrong, I know this is a team game and I love premades. But I generally prefer to take a solo lane.

Does anyone here also know which of the two 'escape/chase' spells are more effective (Range/cooldown wise for example)?

Thanks for the replies so far.

EDIT:
And which one is the better assassin (Ganking/single target DPS)? I am thinking Ezreal here from my own findings.

Queue Dodge Hero

06-03-2010

Ezreal instant flash
Corki slow fly away

mr share

06-03-2010

i'm pretty sure corki could out burst 1v1 ez. Corki with a BC and using all his skills can do a TON of damage fast. That having been said. I've played Corki a fair amount and having NOT played EZ, I would actually recommend you take him. I've seen Ezreal bring a lot more to a team than almost every game I played as Corki.

Ez's heal goes a long way. Just because you solo queue doesn't mean you can't support a team. You will win more games solo queuing with Ez than with Corki.

Like most people have said, you need a team to help you a lot when you are playing Corki so he is much more suited for premades.

Mr Scorpio

06-03-2010

Corki is a strong champion, but Ez is better overall.

Swarna

06-03-2010

They both have different roles on a team. Ezreal shines as support when built with AP and is decent with AD, too. Corki is only viable as a hardcarry (AD) and has a much steeper learning curve (evident from him being underplayed), and needs strict consistency on the player's part in doing well solo mid. If you screw up with Corki early game, there is likely no coming back and you will become utterly useless for the duration of the game.

I disagree with Corki needing a team to support him and that he's not a good pick in solo queue. All you need is the red buff. He's my main and I carry with him 90% of the time, but it took quite a bit of failing with him at first. I suspect that's why people tend to avoid using him, he's hard to get at first in both playstyle and build.

I do agree that Ezreal brings more to a team and is the better pick for solo queuing.