Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Holding 5 points needs a major boost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoYouLikeMyHat

09-23-2011

Just got all 5 points for the first time in the last game, I was surprised how small the benefit of achieving this is.
Holding all 5 should very rapidly damage the nexus and end in a quick win if not immediately broken.

If you manage to lose all 5 points you deserve to lose quickly and the other team deserve to win quickly.

Poruku

09-23-2011

It's simply the power of capturing has fluxed greatly to one side, due to their timing of hero deaths.

Not worth insta lose.

CrTx Navy GSE

09-23-2011

that type of thing would be a major down for peoples feel towards dominion, some people actually play cuz its fun. Plus my last game we made a come back from 44 nexus to the enemies 457 nexus. and at the end we still lost but their nexus was taken to 22. so just like in summoners rift or twisted tree line a comeback is always possible

DoYouLikeMyHat

09-23-2011

not insta lose just very quick points loss

Maeven

09-23-2011

Just came out of a game where our nexus got taken down to 10 to the enemy's 200something. Team finally listened to me and started kiting the untouchable duelists (Poppy/Noct), giving me time to Rammus up the joint. Ended with a 5 cap. I actually giggled as I heard the game over countdown timer start from ~25 nexus hp. That's like 5 hp a second, i.e. 1.25% of total nexus hp.

So no, I think the 5 cap drain rate is powerful enough as it is.

Egotistica

09-23-2011

So 5 points you kill the enemy nex at 5 times the efficiency of having 3 to their 2.

Do you want a medal for getting a pentacap too?

JoeDuo

09-23-2011

Advantage / Point Loss per 2 Second
+1 = -1hp/2sec
+2 = -1.5hp/2sec
+3 = -2hp/2sec
+4 = -2.5hp/2sec
+5 = -5hp/2sec

The advantage for holding 5 is pretty good already, five time faster drain than holding 3 points.

Harate

09-23-2011

Trying to get more than 3 points is reckless. Nobodys proud of you