No Place for Casters in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fingerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAZNc54 View Post
as hashinhin said, the cs aura has 15% armor pen but only 5% magic pen. that is 1 reason for the ad advantage. then if you think about classic gaming on sr, most ap champs have the early game advantage while ad champs have the late game advantage. since you start off level three and get passive gold and experience throughout dominion, that takes away from a lot of ap champs again. .

1) In terms of fighting, Early = AD, mid = AP, late = AD. Think about it, AP champs are strong when they get ranks in their abilities and some dmg items.

Ex: Veigar. Many think Veig's Q farm is what makes him strong. False. What makes him strong is that once he gets around lvl 9-12 he can drop a rank 2 stun, land a dark matter, ult and Q. Big sexy damage.

--> He should siege or defend with a partner. Blow combo load, have partner clean up if necessary.

Oso el Oso

09-24-2011

Karthus is pretty awesome at locking down points for obscene periods of time, even if you kill him if his team is paying any amount of attention he'll be able to hold you off long enough for them to secure the point.

Cauldrath

09-24-2011

A caster should be put on a team in Dominion like you would put a tank on a team in SR. One is great for holding a point and pressuring another one, but you don't really need two. You also can't just run around looking for fights with them, either, like you would with a tanky dps.

I usually play Morgana unless I see another caster or ranged AD. I had a game where I picked Morgana, saw a Caitlyn, swapped out for Riven, then the rest of the team grabbed Lux, Sona, and Morgana. They spent the whole game zerging after points instead of defending them and still managed to not get a lot of the points they were trying to take. If you are a caster, focus more on defense, because that's what you're best at.

EDIT: Oh, and buy a Frozen Heart. Almost every game, almost every caster, especially with all this tanky dps running around.

Kayrol Ineonovus

09-24-2011

I do, sorry. =\ I go Heavy Weapons Plataform Sona, by buying Sheen and health potions. Result is that my Power Chord with Valor does a lot of damage game start.

Just needed to buy a lot of life for her, due to her poor Life Pool, but that hardly proves to be a nuisance since there are many usefull Dominion life which add Health. =P

MintsIcedCoffee

09-24-2011

I've been owning as Malzahar, getting #1 often and even doing 17 kills in one of them. My role every game was more of a run around murdering people (which I have been told is wrong) and stacking mass AP with the free gold.

link10042

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

no caster are still very good on it you just of to know how to play them, i held the bottom 2 points with morgana

Drakeil

09-24-2011

I agree, Karthus is just stupidly annoying.