Rune Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiacshape

06-03-2010

I have been mostly using static tier 1 runes and noticed there was other types of runes that get better over time up till level 18 which end up better than the static runes. My question is which one is better? or how long does static runes benefit you in game?

R66Y

06-03-2010

In general, the static runes give you a better early game boost while the per level runes give you better end game stats. It's helpful to determine what level the /level runes will catch the static runes when making a decision (runes that catch up to their static counterparts quickly tend to be better). Which one is better depends on the runes and your personal preference/playstyle. Use static runes if you find yourself needing an early game boost but feel good late game, /level runes if you find you need a bit of an assist late game but are doing fine early game, or a mix if you are somewhere in between.

You may also want to pop on over to the guide section. Most champion guides will discuss rune selection and reasons for picking those runes, in addition to occasional discussions about the runes and which ones are better in general.

Ducktator

06-03-2010

I would also recomend considering how long does your champion take to get to level 18 right now and how long do your games normally last once there. If you find that most of your game you are leveling and most of the time right after hitting 18 the game ends I would go with static runes. If you are proficient at your game and hit 18 quickly then stay there for the next 20 mins working their base down I would mabey take runes that benefit you most at level 18.
Dont forget to try out the run combiner in your book, you can get some pretty neat runes.