Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Rumrill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancypantsmcgee View Post
I couldn't disagree more.

We just don't know the necessary skills yet, and how to apply them most effectively to obtain victory.
I completely agree with this guy ^
Its a brand new mode never before seen (that I know of)
The strategy is needed its just figuring out what that strategy is.

When DOTA or LoL first came out I doubt anyone new the skills to play the game it to time and much theory crafting to figure it out same goes for dominion.

However I do agree with your comment about the Tanky DPS/AP champs win but it is almost the same in SR just not as noticable.

Best Atheist NA

09-25-2011

Baffled at the downvotes the OP got. I 100% agree with what he said. There is no skill involved in Dominion, if you're there to click a node, you're doing your job. You don't need gear, you don't need gold, you just need a mouse.

Ironically enough, I find it to be very fun, but the "better" team doesn't always win, which I find frustrating. There's no flow, its a constant tug-of-war, and you don't get punished for dying. Heck, if you're on the opposite side of the map, dying might work in your favor to get to a different node quicker!

Please Riot, Dominion is fun, but it needs 2 small tweaks. Make dying something you don't WANT to do, and increase the gold/exp you get for kills. A team that works hard to get fed has no better chance at winning than the players that fed them.

Marlbrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

I'm sorry but I think that the fact that I don't have to worry about dyin is a plus seriously

Krshna

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancylnekros View Post
Hey you. Stop. In fact everyone just stop. This guy is only voicing an opinion some may share and he brings valid points. He even says that it is a fun "mini-game" implying that yes, it's supposed to be with less depth but more action. It's not "qq'ing" since qq means to quit a game -_- Why can't we just try and understand his point, disagree or agree and then add to the conversation, "Why?".

I think that Dominion is too bruiser/comeback inclined. I'm a little confused as to why there is a 15% APen buff? Also, whoever goes the fastest wins, that's what it seems like anyways...
Uh... I'm not sure where you came up with that, but qq or more accurately Q.Q is supposed to symbolize two eyes crying. Q.Q is now abbreviated to qq. To be used like, stop qqing, or qq more. Translated as, stop crying, or cry more.

It's def not to quit a game.

Masachere

09-25-2011

i dont really get why people think that everyone getting tons of gold means it takes less skill since u dont become better by farming and whatnot, i mean theres clearly better picks for dom, so lets say a master yi from each team goes to fight over a neutral point, same lvl, same gold income, whats left to determine who wins? luck? sure that plays a part in it, but lets be honest, if u think its up to nothing but luck, then u shouldnt play this game ever again because ur awful. and to those that would say this is an unlikely scenario, i reply, its just an example of how individual skill can most definitly play a part in dom. i personally think if everyones farmed it requires more skill to win a fight then if u just tibbers stun or empower leap all over ur lane opponent, get fed, and then carry team fights because u can beat 3 undergeared people at a time. i respect the opinions of people who dont like it, just saying i strongly disagree with most of ur arguments, if i had to agree with sumthing itd be that i think sometimes a comeback just shouldnt be possible, and yet it can still happen. p.s: please dont reply to my comment criticizing my spelling my grammer, cause ill just think of u as the most pitiful troll, and this isnt a fckin spelling bee.

so to those who love dom, ill cya out there, to those who just play it, ill see u out there too, and ur gonna get ad annie trolled like uve never been before

to those who dont, if i ever play SR again, i hope i dont meet u, cause ur probobly better at it then i am, and takeing 45 minutes to lose brings the kind of frustration that i dont think video games are about.

Eweng

09-25-2011

I wish it would be pure capture and hold, less of the modifications Riot has put in. I will laugh my *** off if any of you downvote any posts positive to this thread. I think it's really pathetic how so many people think a GOLD RANKED SEASON ONE player sucks at Dominion.

LOL someone did.

Orion69

09-25-2011

@OP I wholeheartedly disagree with you. In SR, it's all about who gets fed the most. Sure, you might be great at CS... does that make you a great player? Not really. You just know how to time hits on passive minions. Or you have yourself or someone on ur team laned against a baddie and get fed kills. Then go on to destroy the game. This takes a lot of strategy amirite?

At least in Dominion it's about twitch teamplay and strategy on the fly. Nobody gets fed or outlevel each other too much and it relies on an individuals ability to 1v1 or 1v2 people. I'm sorry, but that takes much more skill than passively making urself stronger than your opponent and then obviously dominating them.

I will concur that the one strategy part that is involved in SR compared to Dom is the champion select. A bad comp = a loss. A bad comp in Dominion could still be a win. Because as I said before, it's about team reaction and individual skill.

P.S. You should really stop playing with PUGS and play with a premade group if you want to get an idea of a sort of META game for Dominion, rather than what you think it is (Everyone zerging all over the place).

P.S.S. Lets not presume we are experts on this mode until we have a lot more practice and more than 20 games played. Unless you were an expert of SR after your first 20 games.

Best Atheist NA

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masachere View Post
i dont really get why people think that everyone getting tons of gold means it takes less skill since u dont become better by farming and whatnot, i mean theres clearly better picks for dom, so lets say a master yi from each team goes to fight over a neutral point, same lvl, same gold income, whats left to determine who wins? luck? sure that plays a part in it, but lets be honest, if u think its up to nothing but luck, then u shouldnt play this game ever again because ur awful. and to those that would say this is an unlikely scenario, i reply, its just an example of how individual skill can most definitly play a part in dom. i personally think if everyones farmed it requires more skill to win a fight then if u just tibbers stun or empower leap all over ur lane opponent, get fed, and then carry team fights because u can beat 3 undergeared people at a time. i respect the opinions of people who dont like it, just saying i strongly disagree with most of ur arguments, if i had to agree with sumthing itd be that i think sometimes a comeback just shouldnt be possible, and yet it can still happen. p.slease dont reply to my comment criticizing my spelling my grammer, cause ill just think of u as the most pitiful troll, and this isnt a fckin spelling bee.

so to those who love dom, ill cya out there, to those who just play it, ill see u out there too, and ur gonna get ad annie trolled like uve never been before

to those who dont, if i ever play SR again, i hope i dont meet u, cause ur probobly better at it then i am, and takeing 45 minutes to lose brings the kind of frustration that i dont think video games are about.
I'll clean up your post for you (sorry, can't resist):

I don't really get why people that think everyone getting tons of gold means it takes less skill to play, since you don't really get gold from farming. Sure, there are clearly dominant picks for Dominion. Let's say two Master Yi's from opposing teams meet up at a neutral point. They are the same level with the same gold income. What's going to determine who wins? Luck? Sure, luck plays some part in it, but if you think it's nothing but luck, you shouldn't even be playing this game because you're awful, and to those that would say this is an unlikely scenario, I reply, it's just an example of how individual skill can most definitely play a part in Dominion. I personally think that if everyone is fed, it takes more skill to win a team fight than just one fed person taking out 3 underleveled players at a time. I respect the opinions of people who don't like it, I just strongly disagree with most of your comments. If I had to agree with something, I'd agree that sometimes a comeback just shouldn't be possible at yet it can still happen.

To those who love Dominion, I'll see you out there, and to those that just play it, I'll see you out there, too, and you're going to get trolled by AD Annie like you've never seen.

To those who don't, if I ever play SR again, I hope to never meet you, because you're probably better at it than I am, and I don't like the frustration from losing something that I spent 45 minutes on. I don't think that's what video games should be about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry man, but that's just awful. But if you ever played me, you'd probably kill me, because I'd be too focused on correcting you in all chat. You need to spend less time on a video game and go back to school or something. I don't mean that in a bad way, but more in a concerned way.

Diggersby thoe

09-25-2011

I don't know where you're getting all this nonsense from.
If you control 3 points longer then the other team, you will win. This is done by using teamwork better then the other team.
The better team will always win. Of course this mode takes mobility/AoE, as opposed to utility/burst to help in team fights or throughout the game.

Orion69

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlÝry View Post
Analogy doesn't carry over. I'm not trying to lane and last hit and farm CS on dominion. that would be sticking to old tactics in a new war. I'm saying the rules of the new war don't allow for any finesse or finer skill than "run to a point, hit qwer, right click it if victorious."
So basically, instead of staying in a lane, QWER on a champ, win, and right click tower if victorious is more finesse?