Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gløry

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duglokk View Post
I downvoted you because you asked me not to.

Anywhoo. Fast paced game requires quicker reaction and WAY more strategy. The strategy in SR is HERP DERP LETS GROUP NOW OH BOY FORCE FIGHT AT DRAGON! Theres nothing.

Dominion has a ton of different posibilities for strategy and its super fast paced. Slow to react and you will lose.
I don't care if you don't agree with me, I just didn't want my post to be closed early before the discussion could get off the ground. Feel free to downvote all you want now, there are enough replies to keep it afloat.

Norilaz

09-24-2011

"This is a fun, exciting mini-game..." Yes, I believe that's the point of a game. To be fun. Thank you so much for clarifying that.

Rih

09-24-2011

Just wanted to say that Samus doesn't take quick twitch skills or whatever you called them in Melee...all she does is crouch cancel down smash and then edgeguarding shenanigans. Not very exciting, but effective enough for mid tier I guess. Peach kind of too, but them reaction nairs are so godlike sometimes.

#esoteric

Gløry

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rih View Post
Just wanted to say that Samus doesn't take quick twitch skills or whatever you called them in Melee...all she does is crouch cancel down smash and then edgeguarding shenanigans. Not very exciting, but effective enough for mid tier I guess. Peach kind of too, but them reaction nairs are so godlike sometimes.

#esoteric
If you want to talk downsmashes, go look at Peach. Holy **** is hers broken.

Rih

09-24-2011

Yes, it's incredibly broken, but at least that's not her whole game plan...at least not at the higher level. You just mentioned Samus as part of the group of characters who need to make quick decisions and combo and whatnot when she mostly fishes for the crouch cancel downsmash to get any offense going. Peach is way more mobile and ridiculous in the air.

I am very pleased that I randomly found someone who understands the beauty of Melee lurking around on the boards. And I agree, the Smash bashers better be talking about Brawl, that game is a travesty. Apt comparison there.

UltimateAoe2

09-24-2011

It's Called Teamwork for a reason.

Theothercan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMuNcHx View Post
its meant to be different....capture a point, defend it, kill ppl, non stop action...dont play it if you dont like it, no point in QQ;ng, i see it being endless fun, i could play it all day, SR is a thing of the past
You know what's funny about the whole QQ thing, it's not the people that don't like Dominion that are doing it, it's the people who see a post that isn't something like "OMG, I <3 Dominion guyz..." and get defensively butt hurt. It's okay to disagree, but I don't like Dominion either for exactly the same reasons. I actually saw an interview with some pro players yesterday that also don't like Dominion,(see url below) and that's putting it lightly for most of them. Point is just because you like it doesn't mean that we can't say what we don't like about it. i hate that everyone that says anything bad about Dominion gets downvoted, and I think it shows how tolerant and understanding the LoL community really is unfortunately. If you don't believe I'm right, just look for another post where some member of OUR community has the guts to say "I don't like it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGzZe...layer_embedded

Sir Rodsley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

you test your skill vs another, only problem is that none of the champions are balanced for dominion.

DEATH WISH 13

09-24-2011

you cant compare two different styles of game
dominion is much faster play and is meant to be

YUSONAMES

09-24-2011

Idiot doesnt know that all the dieing he cliams everyone is allowed to due is ******ed, it is still a bad idea, and it will still cost you the game if you feed, also people are starting to notice that creeps can win towerfight better, since you dont have to focus the tower to cap it, just keep then from killing the creeps, also people are starting to have people suppress thw tower during fight, your just a condescending ******* who mad that the new game mode doesn't cater to tireless last hitting.
Do you think everyone knew 2 top 2 bot 1 mid RIGHT when dota came out? No they didn't, same thing here.