Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RalphWaldo

09-24-2011

This is an absurd post: "Dominion is stupid because it's not the same as Summoner's Rift." It's a different game and requires different strategy. Maybe you don't like the game, and that's fine, but to say there's no skill required by making a comparison to a very different game is absurd.

"OMG tennis doesn't have any of the teamwork that's necessary in football, so stupid. Tennis sucks."

SakuyaSama7

09-24-2011

It's kinda like...

I play Promod Search & Destroy everyday, but now I want to let off some steam and play Team Deathmatch or Domination.

Handbananna

09-24-2011

Quote:
notDeAdYet:
different skillset, people aren't used to skillset, people don't know what skillset is that makes dominion succeed, therefore people QQ.

The main difference between the two

SR is a slower paced game, it can be sped up if one or both sides are overly aggressive, but this generally doesn't make the game actually end any faster. There is a heavy emphasis on pvm farming as well so that you aren't completely outclassed via items and become useless to the team. Even if you play your hero well, being denied the ability to make money can and will make your life suck. Obviously later in the game things pick up regardless of how it starts, but the beginning portion is generally slow going and tedious, it's not terrible though but the games are to easy for a winning team to drag out for an extra 30-40+ minutes if the winners are bored and don't feel like a swift victory.

Dominion is fast paced with more of an emphasis on pvp throughout the whole game, though heroes that tend to flourish in long drawn out games of farming like SR (viegar/scion/nasus) I can see taking a slight hit here, more so nasus though then the other two (however I think he'll be just fine with the rate at which money rolls in).

The truth is haters are gonna hate, it's the internet and that's what happens when being anonymous to most people you'll run into takes zero effort. I personally prefer dominion, because I like faster paced pvp focused games that can't get dragged out for over an hour, so I can have fun without taking a giant chunk out of my day to what might turn out to be a horrible loss due to riots fantastic matchmaking, because no matter how good you are you won't be winning 5v1's against an enemy that isn't braindead. But i'll probably play SR from time to time as well, though dominion will probably wind up being the bulk of it, because it boils down the game I like into one that's more fun to me by getting rid of the excess baggage that detracts from pvp combat.

Amaduez

09-24-2011

If you don't like it, don't play it?

Last time I checked, SR is still available to play.

RainbowSkin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Cuz1972:
Yes.

i laughed for about 5 minutes when looking at this comment and i have to agree completely

Ilkugar

09-24-2011

It's not that it takes no skill, it takes different skills which may or may not be comparable to skills used in SR. Try playing Shaco and sneaking capture points, it's a hell of a lot more than just running to the closest one. Juking at points to fake out a defender into leaving and coming back 5 secs later to cap a point haha

Meconopsis

09-24-2011

Quote:
Gløry:
Edit: I'd appreciate it if you'd stop downvoting me for my opinion, I'd like to keep this post open for discussion. Save downvotes for people with poorly constructed posts that waste space, not stuff you disagree with.

I'll downvote your opinion because clearly Dominion has more strategy than you think, and that I'm allowed to click on my opinion about your opinion as freely as I want.

Now then, there are certain concepts outside basic farming, placement, etc from SR. In Dominion, players are focused more as a team, working to capture points. These points are in favor of who can work the most effectively as a team, not who can outfarm another player and then call that player bad. What Dominion did not use that SR has is the individual achievement that occurs in various lanes, but Dominion put more emphasis on teamwork. Now teamwork is key to winning the game, and thus more strategies, especially such as splitting up, defending, and attacking various areas become more than just basic farm, ward, push, and repeat. They become key factors in how the team will progress. This instills more action into making decisions that can surgical to an enemy's position, or a failure if the enemy team can counter it with their own strike.

TSM Furyfighter

09-24-2011

Too great... How somebody can post a long paragraph and be serious

fatguy42

09-24-2011

One of the primary things I dislike about SR is that a lot of the things you are supposed to do are counterintuitive. I see enemy minions approaching my tower, I want to be rewarded for killing them, not dancing back and forth trying to get in one hit on a minion who is already about to die.

pacifistme

09-24-2011

Quote:
Gløry:

Edit: I'd appreciate it if you'd stop downvoting me for my opinion, I'd like to keep this post open for discussion. Save downvotes for people with poorly constructed posts that waste space, not stuff you disagree with.

I downvoted you because you asked me not to.

Anywhoo. Fast paced game requires quicker reaction and WAY more strategy. The strategy in SR is HERP DERP LETS GROUP NOW OH BOY FORCE FIGHT AT DRAGON! Theres nothing.

Dominion has a ton of different posibilities for strategy and its super fast paced. Slow to react and you will lose.