Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Just because Dominion takes a different kind of skill doesn't mean there is no skill involved.

Samenko

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
"Why hello there gents, i see you've been enjoying the beta of Dominion.
Well i'm here to tell you, its completely unskilled, and doesn't require skill of any kind to succeed in.
Thanks for reading my thread."
^Dats why he got downvoted.

or in BR
"HUEHUEHUE PLAY 2 GAME, LOL I LOST TO RAMMUS, UNSKILLED *******S"
It doesn't require much skill. So what? It's still ridiculously fun. His point stands.

Mephitas

09-23-2011

I throughly enjoy Dominion. I think they have accomplished what they set out to do. I would love to be able to play an entire SR on my lunch break at work, but lets be real.....It can take up to an hour. So I love Dominion on the fact that I can run home on my lunch break play a 25-30 minute game, kill some people and be satified that I got to play a game that I love. So for my vote Dominion is exactly what they promised. Fast pace killing and fun!

Good concerned and post!

fl0w187

09-23-2011

LOL. Dominion is imo alot more strategic then SR. I played DotA for 5-6 years before coming to LoL it's nice to have something new to play... And there is tons of strategy involved just not on a single player scale.. Once team play comes into effect and people start to roll through ranked with time the strategy will work itself in... And there is also tons of decisions to make,

As for skill in League of Legends I honestly can say that in my opinion there is close to no skill involved untill there is team work.... It's not like DotA. Not only did you have to last hit but you also needed to deny to keep opposing champs from getting exp and gold. On top of map awareness and all that fun stuff. And there is no brush in DotA.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-23-2011
1 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glry View Post
Haha, well. Alterac Valley had problems because the map wasn't symmetrical, and AB was saved only by virtue of the fact that individual player skill DID matter in WoW. You had 20-30 moves instead of 4, and the classes were, dare I say it, more balanced than the League of Legends heroes (9-10 vs, um, 85). I like that analogy though.

And to all the people saying I hate dominion, yadda yadda, no. I played it for several hours straight yesterday and had a great time. But I was frustrated that pretty much anyone, no matter how bad you are at Summoner's Rift, can pretty much stroll into Dominion and do just fine. There's nothing about the Dominion game mode that separates bad players from good players. It's the epitome of a casual game mode. This is fine, it's still fun. But it's unsatisfying in the long term, because you're bound to get beaten by team comp sooner or later, as you have no way of outmaneuvering their superior picks (lane better, gank better, secure dragon/baron better, position better, etc).
I think the same things don't separate players (of course), but things do separate them, and moreso, separate good and bad teams.

The strategic qualities of Dominion are emphasized, where to put who, when, and how to work as a unit that's not in the same place. That's like saying Conquest, as a game mode, requires no skill, which is patently untrue.

I think there's a lot of misconception of "it's not the skills I've perfected and practiced, therefore this is noob" that's prevalent, and I just don't really care about that. It's not as punishing, so maybe that does have some validity, but from a total team perspective, it's actually not -possible- for this game to lack strategy.

Mozart Wolfgang

09-23-2011

Played my first match, SO ****ING FUN. Literally 6-8 finally score and we won by 3 points. It felt so epic since I to blow my flash just to get to a capture point. This is really intense and fast paced

Gløry

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
"Why hello there gents, i see you've been enjoying the beta of Dominion.
Well i'm here to tell you, its completely unskilled, and doesn't require skill of any kind to succeed in.
Thanks for reading my thread."
^Dats why he got downvoted.

or in BR
"HUEHUEHUE PLAY 2 GAME, LOL I LOST TO RAMMUS, UNSKILLED *******S"
Hey man how was Bronze league last season? Cool, thanks for dropping by.

tgarr

09-23-2011

What's the point on QQing ? Really, WTF?!?

If don't like it, don't play it.
SR is a game, Dominion is another. There's no point on comparing them. You play what you want.

I like both, umad ?

rumples

09-23-2011

lol your so dumb.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-23-2011

Quote:
Edit: I'd appreciate it if you'd stop downvoting me for my opinion, I'd like to keep this post open for discussion. Save downvotes for people with poorly constructed posts that waste space, not stuff you disagree with.
Disagreed by lead champ designer. Now shut up and accept your dutifully earned downvotes.