Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inanimate Object

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Upvoted OP because he makes a good point, individual skill (as we have come to know it in SR) doesn't play as big a part in Dominion.

Why would you downvote someone for telling the truth? He's not telling you to stop having fun with Dominion, he's just making an observation.

ArcherSterling

09-23-2011

Glory I agree with you 100%. This game is Riot's lackluster attempt at inventing a new game. This gameplay is unbalanced and makes some of the champions absolutely obsolete. Its as though Riot decided to take World of Warcraft's Arathi Basin and adapt it to league. Guess what? It's terrible. I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me and that all the people who love it and say haters gunna hate will continue to play Dominion. After playing one round of Dominion I found myself embarrassed and promised myself never to play it again. Good luck to all you hardcore Riot fans. The one thing Riot should improve on however is active items. Possibly a dagon or sheepstick. d o t a T W O

Samenko

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceOfFire View Post
Upvoted OP because he makes a good point, individual skill (as we have come to know it in SR) doesn't play as big a part in Dominion.

Why would you downvote someone for telling the truth? He's not telling you to stop having fun with Dominion, he's just making an observation.
The forum is filled with people who are looking for ways to justify why they aren't good at SR... It's sad but true.

Hell, I posted saying dominion was fun as hell, just less skill-based, and I got downvoted to hell.

Samenko

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherSterling View Post
Glory I agree with you 100%. This game is Riot's lackluster attempt at inventing a new game. This gameplay is unbalanced and makes some of the champions absolutely obsolete. Its as though Riot decided to take World of Warcraft's Arathi Basin and adapt it to league. Guess what? It's terrible. I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me and that all the people who love it and say haters gunna hate will continue to play Dominion. After playing one round of Dominion I found myself embarrassed and promised myself never to play it again. Good luck to all you hardcore Riot fans. The one thing Riot should improve on however is active items. Possibly a dagon or sheepstick. d o t a T W O
He didn't say it was terrible...

I also say there is a lot less skill involved, but that doesn't make it terrible or not fun. Summoners Rift is LoL. Dominion is for taking a break after a long, frustrating loss or when you want to run around and rape with mundo or something.

They did a GRAT job with it. It is what it should be.

Krizonar

09-23-2011

Lol at SR taking skill.
All you do is snowball with the right champ selection and get fed then the enemy team stands no chance.
On CS, everyone is equally fed and it depends on what you do with your feed.

Samenko

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar View Post
Lol at SR taking skill.
All you do is snowball with the right champ selection and get fed then the enemy team stands no chance.
Just because you're not the greatest at it doesn't mean it takes no skill

Look at the current ladders after the reset. All the 2k players are at the top again. You know what that means....?

And no champ can 1v5, this isn't dota...

etc etc etc..

Gløry

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar View Post
Lol at SR taking skill.
But "what you do with your feed" basically amounts to the same thing. Run up, press your buttons. There's not a lot of twitch skill involved with LoL. So in actuality, SR is more balanced because you have an opportunity to overcome better champion picks. And you have 5 players on your team in one fight to work through that.

If anything dominion throws champion imbalance into a harsher light because it's smaller skirmishes (fewer teammates to peel for you, etc) and you have no chance to shut the enemy down in lane.

Nokturnalex

09-23-2011

if anything i enjoy the fact that I don't have to yell at my teammates to Ward.

I swear if i have to yell at my entire team ONE MORE TIME for not warding I'm going to go crazy

Teemo Support GG

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceOfFire View Post

"Why hello there gents, i see you've been enjoying the beta of Dominion.
Well i'm here to tell you, its completely unskilled, and doesn't require skill of any kind to succeed in.
Thanks for reading my thread."
^Dats why he got downvoted.

or in BR
"HUEHUEHUE PLAY 2 GAME, LOL I LOST TO RAMMUS, UNSKILLED *******S"

ArlanKels

09-23-2011

WHY I LIKE DOMINION MORE THAN SR:

No farming
More action
No perma-turtling
Come backs can happen...craazzyy come backs. always keeps you on your toes!