Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verìtas

09-23-2011

Let the downvotes commence, but I agree with you OP.

SeattleReign

09-23-2011

Quote:
Zarthorn:
The British wore red to create fear, as the colour masked blood thus it gave the illusion that British soldiers would not bleed and unbeknownst to most, that was but one section of the British army (despite what you saw on the TV) The British common army uniform was much like Sharpe's, Dark blue or Green.

Also despite romantaising that the British army was crushed through ambushes, it was actually a war of attrition and broken supply lines that resulted in the surrender, the battles between the British and US were actually few and far between with most of the battles really being fought at sea between the Spanish, French and British.

Not to take anything away from ya there, but we all know how TV has a habit of romantising war and tall tales somehow pass into truth.

Back to the topic-

There are plenty of strats already been formed within those brief beta days and imho dominion takes a lot of champion mastery and skill to play well, one mistake could cost you the entire match.

owned. that kid watch that stupid Mel Gibson movie and thinks he knows. +1

Délusional

09-23-2011

Quote:
Samenko:
This is why we need actual forum moderators

This +10000.

Riot, I'm sure you have tons of community members willing to moderate FOR FREE.

Just accept some **** applications already.

dragonlife29

09-23-2011

Loud minorities.

beradical

09-23-2011

He lost a game and got mad.

Zarthorn

09-23-2011

Quote:
Somenakedguy:
I don't understand why he's being down voted for raising very reasonable points. I love dominion so far, it's incredibly fun and far more fast paced. However, it does seem like there is a much lower skill barrier and the only real measure that makes a difference is teamwork.

And just that in itself fosters and excellent gameplay experience, think of it this way rather than constantly griping about the "lower skill ceiling" despite it actually being very untrue....

-More of the casual and newer players will favor the dominion experience as it is familiar.

-Players looking to improve there teamfighting and lategame closing will look to dominion due to its consta teamfight aspect.

-Since teamwork is paramount, more players will begin to play AS a team instead of selfishly.

-This teamwork translates over to SR making the SR experience itself improve.

-Trolls will become lesser due to the quick nature of dominion means they will accumilate reports faster, thus be suspended/banned faster.

How is that not a good thing?

CaptHarlock

09-23-2011

Quote:
Samenko:
This is why we need actual forum moderators

And you keep saying that SR takes more skill to play Dominion when you cannot even grasp the basics of the game mode. What you are saying is just as bad as saying, SR IS JUST A GRIND FEST W/O ANY REAL STRATEGY INVOLVED.

Again, stop saying that Dominion takes less skill w/o saying, SR takes X skills, but Dominion doesn't have X skills even though it's the same way vice versa. This is like the whole fps twitch takes so much more skill than rts APM or the other way around.

Hotdogs

09-23-2011

the strategy is pretty much equivalent to SR except there is less emphasis on laning

Futonlol

09-23-2011

Twisted treeline anyone? Same thing, its a mini mode of the real game. I for one welcome such things. Its fun, and that's why i play the game.

dotsynku

09-23-2011

To be honest, I personally think Dominion improved my Riven in SR. Before I played her on Dominion I was ok with her, nothing to spectacular, mediocre scores. After Dominion, I've played a few SR games and now I just completely roll face. first 2 games went 20ish/4ish. Other games after that I've been in double digit easy.

Dominion: Requires skill in a sense that you have good map awareness and can predict where the enemy is gonna strike and try to counter strike them. It's like a no holds bar, just give everyone their stuff and see how they roll. Are you saying there isn't any skill in a Riven(me) standing alone at Windmill being assaulted by three enemy champs, I die, but get a triple kill in the process and node defended.

Summoner Rift: Just a big gank fest if you can get it. If a person(or two) gets a few kills, their fed and it almost makes it improbable(not impossible) to beat their fed characters. I mean some characters can put out a ton of damage at level 1 than other characters in lane so it can be easy for them to get fed, and then just roll face. And yes skill is required here, but the skills here is map awareness in the sense that you can tell if a gank maybe coming your way.

Those aren't all the skills you need in the game modes. I just look at Dominion as, hey, we all know most of you are pretty decent players, lets just give you free money and level you fast so you can pretty much be the same level as everyone else and still have gear, and see how well you can coordinate with your team to reach an objective. Whereas Summoner's Rift, you're prolly a good player, but the feeder on your team is gonna feed, make it so they have more gear than you and out level you faster then it almost makes it impossible to win.

All in all, I love Dominion, I love Summoner's Rift, When I feel like rolling my face across the keyboard and hope I kill three people I'll play Dominion, When I want a well thought played game where a comeback is actually a real comeback I'll play Summoner's Rift.