Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somenakedguy

09-23-2011

I don't understand why he's being down voted for raising very reasonable points. I love dominion so far, it's incredibly fun and far more fast paced. However, it does seem like there is a much lower skill barrier and the only real measure that makes a difference is teamwork.

CaptHarlock

09-23-2011

Quote:
Samenko:
Looks like you don't understand what a MOBA is. LoL, Dota, and HoN have nothing to do with tower defense.

I guess your rating reflects this. And why are you getting combative? Relax. Dominion is simple, good fun. I am not ****ting on it at all, I love it.

Looks like you don't understand what Dominion is. Dominion have nothing to do with Super Smash Brothers.

I guess your rating reflects this. And why are you getting combative? Relax. Summoner's Rift is simple, good fun. I am not ****ting on it at all, I love it

Cheeto101

09-23-2011

Hotshot said it best on his stream when he said "you can make anything competitive".

If enough people like Dominion and devote enough time to it, it will be competitive and it will require its own strategies and skills.

Esaru

09-23-2011

Quote:
Morello:
I think the same things don't separate players (of course), but things do separate them, and moreso, separate good and bad teams.

The strategic qualities of Dominion are emphasized, where to put who, when, and how to work as a unit that's not in the same place. That's like saying Conquest, as a game mode, requires no skill, which is patently untrue.

I think there's a lot of misconception of "it's not the skills I've perfected and practiced, therefore this is noob" that's prevalent, and I just don't really care about that. It's not as punishing, so maybe that does have some validity, but from a total team perspective, it's actually not -possible- for this game to lack strategy.

you seem to be glossing over the part where some champions are wildly unbalanced in this mode. how do you expect to ever find balance?

as a suggestion, you could balance the mode completely separately - for example, Jax in Dominion will have slightly different stats then in Summoners Rift

Cherokeepimp

09-23-2011

The thing that I like the best is the fact that you actually get to PVP and level up quicker. The game shouldn't be about killing minions. If I wanted to do that, I would go back to playing an MMO. Dominion makes it more pvp oriented which is what it should be.

What they really need to do for SR is make it just like dominion, where you level up quicker and get gold faster so it actually makes it about pvp and not killing minions. Hell I would even suggest you start everyone at 18 for that matter. The game shouldn't be about leveling up, this is a PVP game not a PVE.

CaptHarlock

09-23-2011

Quote:
Cheeto101:
Hotshot said it best on his stream when he said "you can make anything competitive".

If enough people like Dominion and devote enough time to it, it will be competitive and it will require its own strategies and skills.

This is not necessarily true. You can't make things like tic-tac-toe "competitive". In other words, the game itself cannot be a solvable problem.

catowar

09-23-2011

THANK YOU OP.

I was trying to hard to understand why it was I thought Dominion felt "alright" at best. The lack of skill, and tactics needed to win. Free gold, free xp, ect.

Its way to simple if you ask me... Sort of the deference between playing a quick 5v5 "deathmatch" mode in any FPS, vs a "Capture the map" game that you see in BattleField or the old quake wars games.

Cheeto101

09-23-2011

Quote:
Esaru:
you seem to be glossing over the part where some champions are wildly unbalanced in this mode. how do you expect to ever find balance?

as a suggestion, you could balance the mode completely separately - for example, Jax in Dominion will have slightly different stats then in Summoners Rift

Balance does not equal competitive. There are plenty of games that have serious balance issues that are still played competitively. (Street Fighter 3rd strike comes to mind)

Délusional

09-23-2011

Quote:
Gløry:

Edit: I'd appreciate it if you'd stop downvoting me for my opinion, I'd like to keep this post open for discussion. Save downvotes for people with poorly constructed posts that waste space, not stuff you disagree with.

I upvoted just for this, although I disagree with what you say, I hate seeing threads about controversial topics get closed because people go "I DISAGREE -1" without contributing.

Samenko

09-23-2011

Quote:
CaptHarlock:
Looks like you don't understand what Dominion is. Dominion have nothing to do with Super Smash Brothers.

I guess your rating reflects this. And why are you getting combative? Relax. Summoner's Rift is simple, good fun. I am not ****ting on it at all, I love it

This is why we need actual forum moderators