Dominion is a skill-less version of League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Otahell999

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

but....dude.....that's exactly what it is supposed to be. another experience, another game mode.
you wanted summoner's rift with another look? lol
before you thought "hey, i'm just gonna play one round before going to bed", then you suddenly get a terrible team, or the game goes on for 50+ minutes cus no one surrenders, no one can take the advantage, things like that...
with dominion is like "hey, i'm gonna play one round before going to bed" then you queue, the game starts, there's always action, there's always killing, lots of fun. all that in a fast paced 20 minutes game that feels like 5 minutes.

nyrest

09-23-2011

guys calm down Dominion was made for brazilian they give gold, exp, and if you die don't matter so much that why is perfect for brazilians so don't talk about dominion to in Brazil or we are screwed.

Zarthorn

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacewolfman View Post
The arrogance of claiming that just because you've played a game for a few days and see no complex strategies means they don't exist is hilarious.

If we were in the Revolutionary War, you would have been one of those British officers who was all, "herp derp, let's wear bright red uniforms in the forest and stand in nice pretty formations, because that's how strategy works and no one will ever think of new or better ones. Hey...what's all that stealthy movement in those tre--"
The British wore red to create fear, as the colour masked blood thus it gave the illusion that British soldiers would not bleed and unbeknownst to most, that was but one section of the British army (despite what you saw on the TV) The British common army uniform was much like Sharpe's, Dark blue or Green.

Also despite romantaising that the British army was crushed through ambushes, it was actually a war of attrition and broken supply lines that resulted in the surrender, the battles between the British and US were actually few and far between with most of the battles really being fought at sea between the Spanish, French and British.

Not to take anything away from ya there, but we all know how TV has a habit of romantising war and tall tales somehow pass into truth.

Back to the topic-

There are plenty of strats already been formed within those brief beta days and imho dominion takes a lot of champion mastery and skill to play well, one mistake could cost you the entire match.

Egotistica

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrest View Post
guys calm down Dominion was made for brazilian they give gold, exp, and you die if no mattering so much that why is perfect for barzilians so don't talk about dominion to in brazil or we are screwed
Upvote es numero 1

Brianqt

09-23-2011

It's 100% skilless but i like it so I can test new champs and get full builds with em.

PooOnUrChest69

09-23-2011

Its been out for 3 days and your already making assumptions. Brilliant.

CaptHarlock

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samenko View Post
Disagree, really. Team comp is much more important in SR, as is counterpicking. Map awareness is much more important in SR.

Why are people trying to make dominion more than it is? It is a super smash style king of the hill brawl. Strategy consists of A. Attacking or B. Defending. And you know what? Thats not a bad thing, it's very fun.
Why are people trying to make Summoner's Rift more than it is? It is a Desktop TD style of tower defense. Strategy consists of A. Attacking the enemy nexus or B. Defending your nexus. And you know what? Thats not a bad thing, it's very fun.

Now I know you really do NOT understand this game mode at all.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

i actually think he's right it's made so that ur too reliant on teammates to do any damage and essentially it's redicuslouly easy to just dive in, even more so since there's not much of a penalty i mean 100 gold and 2hp off a nexus is almost nothing when u get 3gold per second

Samenko

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHarlock View Post
Why are people trying to make Summoner's Rift more than it is? It is a Desktop TD style of tower defense. Strategy consists of A. Attacking the enemy nexus or B. Defending your nexus. And you know what? Thats not a bad thing, it's very fun.

Now I know you really do NOT understand this game mode at all.
Looks like you don't understand what a MOBA is. LoL, Dota, and HoN have nothing to do with tower defense.

I guess your rating reflects this. And why are you getting combative? Relax. Dominion is simple, good fun. I am not ****ting on it at all, I love it.

Zarthorn

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
i actually think he's right it's made so that ur too reliant on teammates to do any damage and essentially it's redicuslouly easy to just dive in, even more so since there's not much of a penalty i mean 100 gold and 2hp off a nexus is almost nothing when u get 3gold per second
Sure you go diving into the fray, I'll go cap 2 of your nodes which are completely unprotected while all your team tries to zerg one.

Yes the strategy isn't the same as SR, but there is a different kind of strategy, playing like a mindless zerg will result in you losing as will turtling on a single point.