Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I love Sanguine Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Watafool

09-23-2011

So much.

FallenHeavens

09-23-2011

I've got to say that it is a good item, but I still miss the Bloodthirster. I understand why it's not allowed due to it's pointless passive in Dominion, but I think it ends up being a better item overall. Sanguine Blade is a great item if you have about 1.5 attack speed, because you get those damage/lifesteal stacks up super fast. As long as you can continuously hit someone those stacks are amazing, and you'll see your health rocket up fast.

It seems to me that melee AP characters kind of get screwed in Dominion with Spell Vamp. They can still do a good job (In about 10 matches as AP Akali, I went #1 on the team in 8), but it just seems like they need an equivalent to Sanguine Blade. Maybe one that gives Ability Power, Spell Vamp, and the passive stacks ability power and spell vamp on auto attacks/spells. It would seem like a strange item in the beginning, but I could see it doing a great job for champions like Shaco and Akali.

Khasface

09-23-2011

Quote:
FallenHeavens:
I've got to say that it is a good item, but I still miss the Bloodthirster. I understand why it's not allowed due to it's pointless passive in Dominion, but I think it ends up being a better item overall. Sanguine Blade is a great item if you have about 1.5 attack speed, because you get those damage/lifesteal stacks up super fast. As long as you can continuously hit someone those stacks are amazing, and you'll see your health rocket up fast.

It seems to me that melee AP characters kind of get screwed in Dominion with Spell Vamp. They can still do a good job (In about 10 matches as AP Akali, I went #1 on the team in 8), but it just seems like they need an equivalent to Sanguine Blade. Maybe one that gives Ability Power, Spell Vamp, and the passive stacks ability power and spell vamp on auto attacks/spells. It would seem like a strange item in the beginning, but I could see it doing a great job for champions like Shaco and Akali.

Wouldn't the rageblade fit that slot for melee ap dps?

RavenHrt

09-23-2011

Seems like you're proposing a Hextech Gunblade and Rageblade combination? Hextech Rageblade? XD

Codykins

09-24-2011

Quote:
FallenHeavens:

no because akali is already one of the most op champions in dominion.
but yeah sanguine blade is one of my favorite items, i wish it was in summoners rift.

Jazman84

11-07-2011

It is decent. However it is trash for anyone other than an AS champ. They should make the stacks last longer so it it more viable for an AD caster.