Why lose so much, and gain little?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arhok

09-23-2011

Yup, as you can clearly see, I am a n00b in terms of forums but I am a level 30 however and a little new to the elo system. After the resetting of elo, I got mine to upwards of around 1280 in 3 games. Then I lost one, a close game and went back to 1210. After going back and fourth, I realized I won around 3-4 games, (sometimes with a loss in between a game), and found that I lost all of the credit I earned in 3-4 games of winning with 1 loss. I simply do not understand why you lose so much when it takes so long to get up there. Winning 3 games and losing 1 somehow equals the elo out? I don't think so and it seems unfair. Someone please explain!

Edit: Recently: Was at 1314, won 2 to get to 1350. And lost 1 to get back down to 1309. Yay!

vaelamin

09-23-2011

Cant be done. people have been asking riot this question for years still no answer.lots of speculation though.

heroyisunshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

the first 10 games are most important as those are your preliminaries. those give the most point and you want to WIN your first ten games.

after that all games arent worth as much

you gain about 20pts for winning a game
and lose about 17pts for losing a game

it is ******ed
because of this elo hell will exist and it will reign as thee worst hell i have ever seen