Dominion...thoughts for those who got to play it...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegarocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Honestly its really fun and action packed but you dont really feel good or bad when u win or lose. But in in SR u know why you lost /won .. IDK it just seems more like a minigame but still i wanna give credit to riot for making an amazing game mode.

Jassu

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegarocks View Post
Honestly its really fun and action packed but you dont really feel good or bad when u win or lose. But in in SR u know why you lost /won .. IDK it just seems more like a minigame but still i wanna give credit to riot for making an amazing game mode.
Then analyze the match and start developing strategies.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

09-23-2011
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Did anyone have an amazing comeback win or a really close end score (like sub 10)?

jaMx

09-23-2011

our team got 5 capped at the 8 minute mark and we were losing 450-224 - the tryn on the other team said, "GG" and that triggered our team to go into beast mode. We won with 98 to spare!

Lðgic

09-23-2011

i won a game where the score was 160-8 for them and we cam back and won 0-8

sirturkey1

09-23-2011

I thought it was a fun thing to do and having that extra option will keep people from getting bored with LOL, but Dominion will not replace SR as the standard map/gameplay.

It's a good change of pace and if you do not have 40-60 minutes to invest in a drawn out match, it's an excellent way to jump in and play for 20 or less minutes.

I like the addition but my preference is still SR as my main map.

Edit: I do think it's fun how games can end up really close or have epic comebacks (not that you can't do this in SR, just more common in Dominion). As to balancing, we shall see, can't tell that from just a couple games.

Standtall

09-23-2011

had an amazing comback loss, something like 340-120. Final score was something like 0-79 and the whole time I kept thinking "THIS IS SO INTENSE!!!".

I loved it, great job Riot can't wait to play the finished product.

Jassu

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Did anyone have an amazing comeback win or a really close end score (like sub 10)?
Yeah. My closest was our team dropping down to 5 points against the enemy team's 140, and we found a way to counter the enemy team's strategy at the last minute and budge out a win. The enemy team kept going around in a giant group, so we'd split off our two most mobile characters to go around and apply pressure at various nodes to attract the enemy team's attention while the other three moved to the node farthest from them to cap it. The mobile characters were usually able to at least neutralize a node. It was really fun.

EDIT: I love it when the enemy team goes "GG", and then you end up beating them with just a few points left. Such an amazing feeling. It's really never over until a Nexus explodes (or if you know it's not possible to neutralize a node in time).

PriorityOne

09-23-2011

Quote:
I had a less than 30 win I think, but I just kind of stop looking at the score at the top so there's no real pressure to look at it.

SneakyNoxus

09-23-2011

Quote:
Yea i had one, they were leading most of the game, but our amazing eve trolled the own 2 towers and we had a winning score of about 0 5