Dominion...thoughts for those who got to play it...

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaJonney

09-23-2011

too soon to tell

1st HanarSpectre

09-23-2011

I think once the novelty of "Oooh shiny and new" wears off, it going to fall in popularity, it'll be played more than TT but less than SR.

RetiredCheney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Pantheon is full of win.

Jassu

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokel85 View Post
Burst casters feel incredibly gimpy on it. Seeing as that's pretty much all I play on SR, Dominion was not fun for me.
They're not. Caster + tank == ridiculous 2-man team. There comes a point in the game where casters can just 100-0 people in a full combo (without Ignite).

Tc3001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2011

It's fun, but there's something that plagues it just like every other control point game: teammates who purely go for kills. So annoying.

chapichapo

09-23-2011

i learned that kills don't matter, 15-4-10 with AP tristana, I thought I was carrying my team but our lvl 28 friend ended up first with a score like 0-10 nidalee and I finished last :X

if you want to win...:
take an udyr-like champion
build tanky/dps
capture points/rape people 1v1
profit.

Or, 2nd strategy :
Take heimer/Shaco
Afk on a point with turrets/boxes
Get lots of point for defending
profit!

antinatree

09-23-2011

I like it for the fact that you can stage a comeback easier and i won a 4 v5! but any way it seems less team oriented just run and get a post it feels like a game of headquarters on COD lets rush something suiciding till i get it..so it is fun i have one strategy choose rammus and roll to win pretty simple

SR is more strategic and team based objectives here are know but not told so we got to figure what to do ganks are initiated or not

Hurr1cane

09-23-2011

To me, Dominion represents a very interesting strategic shift on the part of Riot. It's faster paced, less teamwork dependant and overall a much "shallower" game mode than the 5v5 games on SR.

With the coming arrival of DOtA2, it feels like Riot is trying to create a niche for itself that will allow it to survive the potential flocking of players back to the "original" game of DOtA.

I don't know if this anecdote is truly representative, but I'll share it with you - I play LoL with my kids. My 13 year old son has been fascinated by the game and learning more and more about the complexities and strategies. We played Dominion last night, and after a couple of games he sat back and said "Wow, that was fun. Hey Dad, can we sign up for the DOtA 2 beta now?"

Jassu

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapichapo View Post
i learned that kills don't matter, 15-4-10 with AP tristana, I thought I was carrying my team but our lvl 28 friend ended up first with a score like 0-10 nidalee and I finished last :X

if you want to win...:
take an udyr-like champion
build tanky/dps
capture points/rape people 1v1
profit.

Or, 2nd strategy :
Take heimer/Shaco
Afk on a point with turrets/boxes
Get lots of point for defending
profit!
There's a lot more to it than that, bro.

Augey

09-23-2011

Loved it....very fast paced and its just crazy all over the place action.

12345612 ... 25