[Guide] Jungle Malphite V2 - Updated for Current Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al da Bok

03-17-2010

Why would you jungle Malphite when you can so easily get first blood with him at lvl 2?

Just a tip, don't get HoG. It's a low-tier item for a high-tier champion. Get Aegis and then Frozen Heart, and proceed to wreck the other team with 60% atk speed reduction, and +125 MR +125Armor +50 dmg.

Heart of Gold is just completely useless. Especially since Malphite has an incredibly easy time farming gold. Your plan is not to become some kind of health-stacking rock that no one hits because he doesn't deal any damage. You want to be true pain, and HoG just makes you a true joke until 40min.

VoidInsanity

06-13-2010

A heads up. I am returning to this game due to SCII disappointing me and will update this guide based on my experiences the second I unlock Malphite.

In the meantime if anyone has anything they would like to throw in here to help me since I have not played this game since release feel free todo so.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
A heads up. I am returning to this game due to SCII disappointing me and will update this guide based on my experiences the second I unlock Malphite.

In the meantime if anyone has anything they would like to throw in here to help me since I have not played this game since release feel free todo so.
I had a malphite jungle with me the other night. Was pretty good, still viable imo.

Also heart of gold now upgrades into an item called randuin's omen. It upgrades from HoG and Warden's mail. Giving a 15% CDR, 300 HP, 25 HP5, 90 armor and an amazing active that is an AoE movement and attackspeed slow. (Edit - It also keeps warden's mails proc.)

VoidInsanity

06-14-2010

Yeah I noticed that also playing with Rammus, it is a good transition item to get from a single heart of gold but I would not get it before other items since you loose the gold per sec bonus and it has a high cooldown. However it is better than selling hearts of gold since it is a very good upgrade from a Wardens Mail.

The problem with that item on Malphite is the Active is a weaker version of ground slam on a 60 second cooldown. It is however much better than selling hearts of gold. However what I want to know is does the passive slow effect stack from that item since the warden mail version stacks. Hmm.

Johnnytheman

09-23-2010

junglecreeps have something like -35mr or something thats why they take extra dmg from smite

MegaBlasterMan

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al da Bok View Post
Why would you jungle Malphite when you can so easily get first blood with him at lvl 2?

Just a tip, don't get HoG. It's a low-tier item for a high-tier champion. Get Aegis and then Frozen Heart, and proceed to wreck the other team with 60% atk speed reduction, and +125 MR +125Armor +50 dmg.

Heart of Gold is just completely useless. Especially since Malphite has an incredibly easy time farming gold. Your plan is not to become some kind of health-stacking rock that no one hits because he doesn't deal any damage. You want to be true pain, and HoG just makes you a true joke until 40min.
but then, randuin's omen is great

Numbat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBlasterMan View Post
but then, randuin's omen is great
If you hadn't noticed, that is an old post.

60% attack speed reduction on frozen heart?

That would make FH better than Randuin's today.

Miserix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbat View Post
If you hadn't noticed, that is an old post.

60% attack speed reduction on frozen heart?

That would make FH better than Randuin's today.
BTW, I think he meant -60% attack speed WITH your ground slam (nowadays it would be -70% AS). Frozen Heart is just an amazing item because it compounds the effect your abilities already have, making you that much better of a tank.

On a different note, it does seem that jungle malphite is still a viable choice, though I wouldn't recomend it for anyone without full runes, mainly because they changed Malphite's base armor and its scaleing. Not too much of a nerf for him, but the jungle mobs still do some pretty hefty damage if you don't have full runes and masteries set up (if you're against a good team they'll try and gank you in the jungle). If you've taken lots of damage already the other team may get first blood off of you.

I've also found that he can be an amazing solo vs. two, going top lane. I have gotten a number of kills this way once I hit level 6 or even before because people always seem to underestimate the tank. Tower divers will cower in fear when you knock them up and ground slam them once they start taking turret agro. It can work wonders.

Also, you guys really should think about getting Randuin's Omen in your build. It gives you some nice CDR, armor, HP, HPper5, and an amazing active. The other team will hate you sooooooo much when you Brutal Strike, Unstoppable Force in the middle of them, Ground Slam, and then pop your active from Randuin's. If you have frozen heart's passive it's just that much sweeter.

VoidInsanity

06-06-2011

Guide atm is really out of date. Tons of new items, Malphite changes, etc have made nearly everything in this guide non relevant. I am not even entirely sure how to play him as a jungler myself. Still experimenting on that one.

I will update it at somepoint though. Best way to play him atm IMO is start off with magic pen boots then to take advantage of hybrid items such as Trinity force, Malady and Rageblade. Magic Pen is the way to play him atm.