[Guide] Jungle Malphite V2 - Updated for Current Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omgacow

11-19-2009

Dude, all this guide will do is lead to pure rape. First time, without runes, i went 15-1-18, singlehandedly carried my team of feeders to victory in a 50 minute game, my item build was as follows:
-the two heart of golds
-ninja tabi
-banshees veil
-phantom dancer
-guardian angel
-sell 1 heart, get infinity edge
-sell other heart, get sunfire cape
-sell ninja tabi, frozen heart.

With this i destroyed their nexus towers in a matter of seconds

great guide, thank you so much

Flameberg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
Dude, all this guide will do is lead to pure rape. First time, without runes, i went 15-1-18, singlehandedly carried my team of feeders to victory in a 50 minute game, my item build was as follows:
-the two heart of golds
-ninja tabi
-banshees veil
-phantom dancer
-guardian angel
-sell 1 heart, get infinity edge
-sell other heart, get sunfire cape
-sell ninja tabi, frozen heart.

With this i destroyed their nexus towers in a matter of seconds

great guide, thank you so much
bla bla bla

did u jungle at early stage?

and btw nice 34 mastery point...

Dryzen

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameberg View Post
and btw nice 34 mastery point...

I think he was refering to his score for the round.... 15 kills 1 death and 18 assists.... not his mastery.

omgacow

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryzen View Post
I think he was refering to his score for the round.... 15 kills 1 death and 18 assists.... not his mastery.
ya. I started jungling at lvl 1

Anthony Giedos

01-30-2010

I would love to play with u and see this build.

i have tried jungling with many characters in the past and it normaly just ends with team mates geting angry with me.....

Kraix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

Sorry i am a pretty new player and i am only level 11 so i cant get your 30 point build, but i was wondering if it was still possible at this low summoner level to jungle.
I also would ask that you be as specific as possible on your "optimum route" like when you kill the lizard and golem and dragon specifically. Similarly exact rune names you use would be nice too. And just as a question why would you get the AP staff instead of frozen mallet they both use the hp belt and they both slow but one gives attack and one gives AP? Thanks for posting this guide it has been very informative.

Grovel

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraix View Post
Sorry i am a pretty new player and i am only level 11 so i cant get your 30 point build, but i was wondering if it was still possible at this low summoner level to jungle.
I also would ask that you be as specific as possible on your "optimum route" like when you kill the lizard and golem and dragon specifically. Similarly exact rune names you use would be nice too. And just as a question why would you get the AP staff instead of frozen mallet they both use the hp belt and they both slow but one gives attack and one gives AP? Thanks for posting this guide it has been very informative.
Jungling is generally a bad idea as a new player, mostly because even if you can pull it off, the rest of your team might not be able to support a 1v2 lane. It tends to only be a viable strategy if the rest of your team is on board and has a ranged carry or an excellent farming soloing the lane where you're missing. Not to mention it can be even more difficult without the subtle boosts that runes and masteries offer you at a higher summoner level. For example- It's a lot easier to pull off if you can get the extra 5% exp from the utility tree, so you hit level 2 after killing the Golem. Without those masteries points you'll kill Golem and still be level 1 when you have to fight your 2nd neutral pack.

Malphite is a great early harasser in a lane, he's durable, and he's great at jungling while you move between lanes after the early stages of the match end.

eggsby

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
Jungling is generally a bad idea as a new player, mostly because even if you can pull it off, the rest of your team might not be able to support a 1v2 lane. It tends to only be a viable strategy if the rest of your team is on board and has a ranged carry or an excellent farming soloing the lane where you're missing. Not to mention it can be even more difficult without the subtle boosts that runes and masteries offer you at a higher summoner level. For example- It's a lot easier to pull off if you can get the extra 5% exp from the utility tree, so you hit level 2 after killing the Golem. Without those masteries points you'll kill Golem and still be level 1 when you have to fight your 2nd neutral pack.

Malphite is a great early harasser in a lane, he's durable, and he's great at jungling while you move between lanes after the early stages of the match end.
As far as I know jungle malphite doesn't work as well as it used to because of the massive nerf malphite took to his early game armor when they switched around his flat and scaling... but who knows...

Tholok

03-16-2010

Iím really interested in playing a Jungle Malphite. I have read the guide and tried a bot game to see if the jungling works out. It wasnít actually flawless but it worked well enough. After reading all the remarks I do still have some questions however:

1. Is jungling Malphite still viable?
2. What in general is your purpose after jungling? Do you become that main tank or do you go for damage?
2. I guess smite is necessary for efficient jungling but what other spell would give you greatest use later in the game?
3. It isnít really clear to me what items to get after the 2 HOGís. Merc or ninja boots make sense to me as well as an Atmaís Impaler and a Warmogs?
4. What masteries would be best? 9/21/0 seems to make sense if you plan on tanking later. 9/0/21 or 21/0/9 seem good for a dps build later...
5. For marks I only have armor and magic penetration runes. Which ones would be better here? Same for yellow... where I only have mana regen per 5 per 18 and dodge.

I woould greatly appreciate a renewd discussion on Jungling Malphite...

Tholok

03-17-2010

Anyoone at all that has an oppinion on my questions?

Would really love some input from all you experienced players out there!