[Guide] Jungle Malphite V2 - Updated for Current Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viloc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2009

the strat works less downtime and faster killing than warwick in my opinion
had about 67 armor with the cloth armor at the beginning and I did just fine cant seem to get my armor up that high via runes

WΎR ؃ LL

09-27-2009

I find this Jungling Malphite to be garbage in actual battles unless you play against noobs or have really great teammates.

Why? Because if you have Heal and Smite, you can't catch anyone that has flash or other ways to get away from you.

Your damage output is not good enough to kill fast against a person that is your level and of decent skill. You can last a ton with your armor and the jungling part works great, but I find that late in the game Malphite feels very weak and without decent spells to use in battle, he is not really good against good teams.

I can not advise this guide to people that are not experts already with Malphite, I think most people will fail when facing a good team using this strategy,

Theophilusophical

09-27-2009

I have zero magic penetration as anyone I jungle and my smite does ~800 damage to the lizard at level 1. This does not jive with 420+35/level no matter how you cut it so the spell is either plain wrong or you get bonus damage against non-player minions.

OdyatBBQ

09-28-2009

I tried playing him with Exhaust / Flash instead of using Smite yesterday since I hated having no usefull spells for a team battle / gank. And it worked!

All you need is a Teammate helping you to clear the first camp (he actually has to do as much damage as Smite would do). It's np since he will be done before creeps reach each other, returning to his lane without exp-loss.
You can finish the Lizard-Side of the forest without problems. Then bluepill, buy the hp/dmg elixir (dun remember the name) and happy farming the whole rest of the game.
Just continue your build.

EDIT: You actually never really need Heal / Smite past your second buff anyway so the 300g I spent on that elixir are quite worth it since you get two free summoner spells.

VoidInsanity

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt305 View Post
I find this Jungling Malphite to be garbage in actual battles unless you play against noobs or have really great teammates.

Why? Because if you have Heal and Smite, you can't catch anyone that has flash or other ways to get away from you.

Your damage output is not good enough to kill fast against a person that is your level and of decent skill. You can last a ton with your armor and the jungling part works great, but I find that late in the game Malphite feels very weak and without decent spells to use in battle, he is not really good against good teams.

I can not advise this guide to people that are not experts already with Malphite, I think most people will fail when facing a good team using this strategy,
Because YOU suck with him does not mean others will. If you think Malphites damage output is low there is something seriously wrong with you. For the same reason, you do not need summoner spells to kill things, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdyatBBQ View Post
I tried playing him with Exhaust / Flash instead of using Smite yesterday since I hated having no usefull spells for a team battle / gank. And it worked!

All you need is a Teammate helping you to clear the first camp (he actually has to do as much damage as Smite would do). It's np since he will be done before creeps reach each other, returning to his lane without exp-loss.
You can finish the Lizard-Side of the forest without problems. Then bluepill, buy the hp/dmg elixir (dun remember the name) and happy farming the whole rest of the game.
Just continue your build.

EDIT: You actually never really need Heal / Smite past your second buff anyway so the 300g I spent on that elixir are quite worth it since you get two free summoner spells.
See above. You depend on summoner spells and suck because of it. No usefull spells for a gank as MALPHITE!? *sigh* Malphite prob has the best ganking ability in the game, he does not need summoner spells which is what makes him extremely good at it.

Any more stupid questions?

requiescat

10-04-2009

I've had success jungling malphite, the style fits in quite well with his ganking skills, and if it lasts til late game this build translates very well into a tank role as you will have **** load of armour. I usually go tabi then frozen heart and banshee's veil, the rest depends on the opposition. The only gripe with this item build is that you are quite slow, clocking in at 370 for majority of the game (i usually spec def), it gets difficult to chase stragglers after team fights.

Zoolooman

10-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiescat View Post
I've had success jungling malphite, the style fits in quite well with his ganking skills, and if it lasts til late game this build translates very well into a tank role as you will have **** load of armour. I usually go tabi then frozen heart and banshee's veil, the rest depends on the opposition. The only gripe with this item build is that you are quite slow, clocking in at 370 for majority of the game (i usually spec def), it gets difficult to chase stragglers after team fights.
Use Seismic Shard. It's meant for chasing and is good at it.

requiescat

10-05-2009

well not if they are already outside of shard range...

VoidInsanity

10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiescat View Post
well not if they are already outside of shard range...
That should never happen unless you are disabled, however I tend to rush Scepter as my first major item. Having 2 spamable slows works wonders, and Shard stacks with slows addictivly since it does not count as a slow, making shard a very powerfull disable. It is also the only slow that will slow down a Yi Using Highlander.

Anyways if you cant kill someone using UF - GS then you need to practice. This combo pretty much instantly kills anyone earlygame, shard is overkill.

danielklein

10-14-2009

How soon can you kill the dragon with this build?