Dominion: My Comprehensive View

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vigoris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-25-2011

I think a lot of you guys are missing some of the key points of Dominion. Check out my first impressions video here:

http://lol.csb-gaming.com/?q=node/31

It is a fully commentated video of one of the first games I got to play in dominion. I highlight a lot of the new dynamic game style changes that I think you guys might find interesting.

Cheers

Vigoris

FrozenFIames

09-25-2011

I have already decided to make dominion my main mode, in fact, i was already getting bored of the classic mode and dominion kept my interested in lol.

I think the biggest split between dominion and classic is the face pace waste no time at respawn area or anywhere and the need for split second decision making weighting the cost and benefits.
Some people cannot adapt to this, and i agree that those who play shooters can make an easy transition.

I really love how this mode makes it so that individuals can make huge impacts to the game, possibility making carrying much easier. Currently i find people more open to comments and suggestions in this mode and make for better teamwork.

I definitely would say the shorter game time makes a HUGE difference. I have always wished for the game to be faster and this was the solution i was hopping for. It also lessens the rage.

I do think dominion makes people who use skype or ventrillo gain a huge advantage, there really isnt much time you are given to type, but have to communicate with pings.

TheChief

09-25-2011

Quote:
I have already decided to make dominion my main mode, in fact, i was already getting bored of the classic mode and dominion kept my interested in lol.

I think the biggest split between dominion and classic is the face pace waste no time at respawn area or anywhere and the need for split second decision making weighting the cost and benefits.
Some people cannot adapt to this, and i agree that those who play shooters can make an easy transition.

I really love how this mode makes it so that individuals can make huge impacts to the game, possibility making carrying much easier. Currently i find people more open to comments and suggestions in this mode and make for better teamwork.

I definitely would say the shorter game time makes a HUGE difference. I have always wished for the game to be faster and this was the solution i was hopping for. It also lessens the rage.

I do think dominion makes people who use skype or ventrillo gain a huge advantage, there really isnt much time you are given to type, but have to communicate with pings.
All parts are so true! It is unfortunate that teams with vent will do so much better than solo-ers but I guess that's already partially true for SR.

Moosemaster

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wra7h View Post
Rule number one on Dominion - The team with Rammus always wins.
Too bad back door rammus only works against the uncoordinated.

TheChief

09-25-2011

Quote:
Rule number one on Dominion - The team with Rammus always wins.
Too bad back door rammus only works against the uncoordinated.
Quite true. Fortunately for me, I have played against my fair share of uncoordinated as Rammus