Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion: My Comprehensive View

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HippiekillerVX9

09-23-2011

Quote:
MajorKite:

Fourth: Its the last one. Its going to be the last one until they tweak the towers to either shoot the champ as they're capturing or increase the time it takes significantly. Right now there is no reason to push as a team, there's no reason to turtle, and you cant hold the 'jungle' because the buffs are instant, and there is no where to fall back to if you get in trouble.

I dont agree with this. If you attack a champion while he is attempting to capture, not only does it break the capture but the tower will then be free to attack. Holding points is always better then losing them and getting new ones. The longer you hold a point the better. Also, lets not forget the "quests" (silly name for them really lol) that reward your team for following the defend and attack objectives. Cant succeed at them if all you do is go from one point to another.

MakesN0Sense

09-23-2011

Rule number one on Dominion - The team with Rammus always wins.

jkEmmaWatson

09-23-2011

I totally agree with the OP, I'm thinking I might not play much more Summoner's Rift when it goes live (I still really like Twisted Treeline though).

The whole idea of Dominion being a strategical game is what I like most about it, and sadly that aspect of LoL is more or less disregarded in Summoner's Rift so that the focus of the game can be put more on late-game changing 5v5 team fights leading to an ace. I feel that people all too often throw caution (and strategy) to the wind in Summoner's Rift because they need to towerdive for that kill, be a team-fighting hero, or land an epic Baron kill when the whole enemy team is alive.

Dominion is all about map control and outmaneuvering your opponents. In that sense, Dominion REQURIES you to be constantly looking at your minimap, planning your next steps, where as in Summoner's Rift, those next steps are already laid out for you: Lane, Avoid Gank, Push, Team Fight, Push. In that sense, I think Dominion is actually a boon to newer players who don't have a lot of map awareness, because they'll quickly learn the significance of knowing the position of the enemy team.

MajorKite

09-23-2011

Quote:
HippiekillerVX9:
I dont agree with this. If you attack a champion while he is attempting to capture, not only does it break the capture but the tower will then be free to attack. Holding points is always better then losing them and getting new ones. The longer you hold a point the better. Also, lets not forget the "quests" (silly name for them really lol) that reward your team for following the defend and attack objectives. Cant succeed at them if all you do is go from one point to another.

The tower only seems to shoot while its under your control. If you are too slow, you have zero backup because the tower is neutral now and wont shoot anything. The tower should not be able to be pushed without some planning.

HippiekillerVX9

09-23-2011

I hear where you are coming from Chief. I agree that there is no real way to know who is OP and who is not in regards to Dominion specifically. But I still stand by my statement that those who are powerful in SR, will still be powerful in Dom.

And like you, I too am lucky enough to play with friends so I wont suffer some of the teamwork issues very often. But man, it sure hurts when you solo queue lol.

Oh and to the guy claiming Rammus is pure win; wrong. I have been on teams that didnt have hive vs teams that did and we won them all. Same with going against TF and Pantheon. The paradigms people have towards the game play of Dominion and what is OP and what is UP is off in my opinion. Because like I stated earlier, ninja point capture is not really the best/only strategy.

TheChief

09-23-2011

Thank you jkEmmaWatson, I agree with all of that. SR just becomes a bit stale and, like you said, a waiting match for the right time to try to score an ace. The end of matches in SR is almost always anticlimactic. Dominion on the other hand just feels intense until the very end; as if at any moment, you could gain/lose control and that could cost you the game.

jkEmmaWatson

09-23-2011

I do believe though, for Dominion to be taken seriously, it needs some serious balance fixes. Obviously you can't get Rammus, Jax, Akali, Yi, Talon, ect. banned every game. Something needs to be done to change the way brusiers, assassins, and Rammus (lol) affect the game in Dominion without causing a nerf to them in Summoner's Rift. Also, it would seem like AP casters have a very hard time in Dominion (which seems counter-intuitive to me, but nonetheless, I haven't seen an AP caster excel near the levels of bruisers or assassins), might they recieve a buff that won't make them OP in Summoner's Rift? The easiest way to do this would be to create more Dominion-Only items to buff up AP casters, but who knows what'll happen.

Saint Latona

09-23-2011

Is it me or do the OP's words go off the screen? Hard to read when the paragraphs just get cut off on the right side :/

Zulgaines

09-23-2011

Dominion makes more characters viable, my 5 man groups main weakness was the random character picks we like to do, whoever we felt like playing at the time. We only win about half our games on SR.

On Dom we had about five games in a row where the other premade was trapped inside their base unable to leave with all 5 points capped.

jkEmmaWatson

09-23-2011

Quote:
MajorKite:
The tower only seems to shoot while its under your control. If you are too slow, you have zero backup because the tower is neutral now and wont shoot anything. The tower should not be able to be pushed without some planning.

The problem with doing this MajorKite, is that it would drastically slow Dominion down. I'm really enjoying Dominion as a fast-paced respite from Summoner's Rift.

Pushing towers 24/7 doesn't happen in Dominion (at least it doesn't if SOMEONE is defending). It's actually pretty ****ed hard to push a tower that has a defender around it. The only way you can be sure that you can safely push a tower without consequences is if you know the exact positioning of the enemy team and know that they're too far away to stop you (which is where planning and strategy comes in; if a team has spread themselves too thin, they're going to lose towers). I've consistantly baited people into thinking that I've left the tower so that they push it, only to come back 2 or 3 seconds into their channeling to beat the snot out of them.

It might feel mindless if both teams are simply running around in a clockwise circle capping towers with little deviation, but I haven't encountered a single game like that.