Suggested change to card locking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harrigan

09-19-2009

Whenever I needed to rundown or focus fire an enemy champion, I'd turn Pick a Card on and keep playing. I'd roll a red or gold pretty soon, and have the desired effect. I liked this ability and found it very useful for my purposes. The new locking system forces me to mash W constantly if I want to do this. The alternative is to juke around for awhile until I store a gold card, then try to put it to enough use to justify my effort in the 15s it's above my head. I know some people like doing this, but I prefer the simplicity (the abiliity is effective either way).

I understand the value of trying to be Uber Super Elite Pro-Sauce and lock a gold card every time, but I want the devs to understand the value of not having to squint at my screen trying to play a frustrating mini-game of roulette. I have heroes to run down and rockets to dodge - I don't want to deal with that Wario Ware game.

Here's how to make everyone happy: keep the current locking system, but if Twisted Fate attacks WITHOUT locking a card it just throws whatever is over his head at the time (like it used to). This makes me happy, and give the lockers what they want.

OK?

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-19-2009

ok, so just to clarify, there are at least 2 other threads completly dedicated to the new locking cards mechanic, and one of which has your suggested change, pretty much word for word. try to search before posting

Harrigan

09-19-2009

i looked around for such a thread briefly.

Try a search? The fuctionality essentially doesn't exist. I've never had it work once; it doesn't even reorder the list of threads.

Thanks for bumping the "redundant" thread, btw.