The Dominion Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W3B Vixen

09-23-2011

I didn't have too much trouble against Rammus yesterday and I played mainly AS Nocturne. Dat Irelia though. Trin Force, Boots and Wits End and she just annihilates everything.

Treyen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

people go AD because for once people cant really run away and ***** behind a tower so its fun. Thornmail is also fun. Went 1v4 in a game as Olaf with fratmas+thornmail and mopped the floor with them one by one because they all poked themselves to death

Sewt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

what I find is that teams that get high Move speed champs and just run around capping stuff don't win in ~15 mins, the other team wins during dominions "late" game.

Cryser

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid Perth View Post
I actually am having my greatest success with Kennen.
I tried Kennen in a game last night, didn't do bad, didn't do great but in that game my teammates were pretty poor.

How did you build him? I went with a hybrid route with a Gunblade and Guinsoo's.

TheLastCookie

09-23-2011

I wonder how will Singed be in Dominion? I kind of want to buy him.

PenitentProphet

09-23-2011

I found that Shaco boxes can really disrupt an opponents gameplan... he fears you when you try to recapture a point and then you take some tower hits and then you get destroyed because everyone else has shown up by now.

Such League Wow

09-23-2011

I dunno, I did pretty well with Sona yesterday. Maybe it was just luck...but every time I used her my team won and I came in first or second place with points.

ProfChaos

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastCookiez View Post
I wonder how will Singed be in Dominion? I kind of want to buy him.
I found singed an easy counter in dominion, especially with rammus, because you don't have to chase him to catch him, just go a different way around and cut him off.

Also downvotes on my op hurt my feelings I'm just making conversation.

Cerabeth

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punmaster View Post
So I know it's only been out in beta for a few hours but it seems the meta is that everyone grabs an AD Dueler with high mobility and stacks phantom dancers. It does seem quite effective and Yi, Xin, Jax, Nocturne, Tryn run around dominating capture points.

I found that the perfect counter to dominate in dominion last night was Rammus. I boots of mobility ghost and power ball and he can get to any team fight or capture point in a hurry and he can dive points and defend them like crazy. You can walk into a Nocturne and tryn trying to steal your point and one combo (taunt, defensive ball curl and ult) and you can easily get them to both a quarter health before the rest of your team gets there just from ball curl alone. The only dueller I had issues with last night was an Udyr I played. lots of life steal and he was good with his stuns and build tanky (like nobody else in dominion who is just stacking pd).

I wonder how this meta is going to evolve and if a team comp with variety is ever going to come into play.

TL DR; ................Ok.
Didn't I play against you last night? Your name sounds awfully familiar...

And if it was you, you were that exceptionally annoying Rammus trying to take one of our points until I (as Morgana) sat and defended it the rest of the game. We won.

I killed you twice 1v1, so I'd add Morgana as another one of your dueler 'issues'

So much for just going AD eh?

McShane the 1st

09-23-2011

how many hours till it is up next or is it up right now? if so how come i cant see it and have never seen it...?