Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Dominion Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kushmeyer2

09-23-2011

Tanky dps who can build 1 or 2 AD then tons of HP are better than PD-stacking champ. Yi and GP fall into this category since they should be building tanky dps anyway if they dont wanna get killed by thornmail oor 1 AP nuker.

Burst champs in general are better, but burst assassins are just the best. Akali and Talon win games so easily. Low coolons low mana/energy costs, high damage with very few items.

KhaoticImp

09-23-2011

Teemo is a little terror as well. FUUU Shrooms!

chalkeus

09-23-2011

Meta...? How can there be a meta already to Dominion? Beta windows have only been up... twice? For a handful of hours each time? Give it more time to flesh out and people to really work through what works best and what doesn't before you start talking about meta mechanics to a game. That's why it's in beta, there isn't a set meta, there isn't a broken, there isn't an under powered, there is instead a slew of possabilities yet to be discovered. That's the point of beta. To figure out a meta, to see what's broken, what's underpowered, what needs to be tweaked. It takes people a hundred or so games in SR to figure out the best ways to play it, that tanky DPS and support with a ranged AD champion and lots of CC is a meta way to play, or that there are unspoken phases to the game. That's why you don't get crushed by meta team compositions until level 30 or by smurfs. This also applies to people who say stuff is over powered or underpowered in Dominion. Really? You're going to base that off of how many examples of something being effective or inneffective? Something tells me Riot wants to run a few more trials in beta before they make those conclusions.

Shax Xanatos

09-23-2011

o_o

I wonder how Poppy works in here.

Anne Franklee

09-23-2011

I think the "Meta" just looks tanky dps heavy for two reasons:

#1 - the SR meta is tanky dps heavy anyway. the problem may not be dominion but other things
#2 - Dominion is new. people want a safe pick. whats a safer pick then tanky dps? there's not as much risk in them.

I personally love Kennen, Irelia, Talon, and Twitch on dominion.

FearTheSkorpion

09-23-2011

Quote:
Shax Xanatos:
o_o

I wonder how Poppy works in here.

Insanely well, actually.

jkEmmaWatson

09-23-2011

As Jax, I haven't had a single problem with Rammus ever (in Summoner's Rift or Dominion). I've only had problems early game against Heimer. That's literally the extent of my problems thus far in Dominion: Heimer defending a tower with his turrets. Maybe add in once or twice when a Master Yi killed be because I didn't get a single dodge proc.

The only time Rammus is a problem is when he taunts and is with two (or more) heros, keeping Jax from tossing out a Counter Strike. I generally find that one other hero (unless they're super bursty) with Rammus is survivable.

Astrid Perth

09-23-2011

I actually am having my greatest success with Kennen.

Validan

09-23-2011

I've found Orianna to be really good in Dominion. Build Shurelya's, E a teammate who's in front of you, W, activate Shurelya's, and run to the next capture point with a friend or two. Her ult can be good, but in the one game I played with her, I didn't make any epic plays with it. I can just see it being a really good interruption/initiation move when you want to stop 3-5 enemies from taking a point.

McShane the 1st

09-23-2011

is it up now why cant i see it?