The Dominion Meta

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProfChaos

09-23-2011

So I know it's only been out in beta for a few hours but it seems the meta is that everyone grabs an AD Dueler with high mobility and stacks phantom dancers. It does seem quite effective and Yi, Xin, Jax, Nocturne, Tryn run around dominating capture points.

I found that the perfect counter to dominate in dominion last night was Rammus. I boots of mobility ghost and power ball and he can get to any team fight or capture point in a hurry and he can dive points and defend them like crazy. You can walk into a Nocturne and tryn trying to steal your point and one combo (taunt, defensive ball curl and ult) and you can easily get them to both a quarter health before the rest of your team gets there just from ball curl alone. The only dueller I had issues with last night was an Udyr I played. lots of life steal and he was good with his stuns and build tanky (like nobody else in dominion who is just stacking pd).

I wonder how this meta is going to evolve and if a team comp with variety is ever going to come into play.

TL DR; ................Ok.

Edit: A lot of good suggestions in this thread: I've seen Akali, WW, Morgana, Heimer Kog'Maw, Poppy and Teemo be effective. I like the idea of trying out Talon, Trundle, Irelia, Kennen too
I'd probably agree too that Jax shouldn't be in my first list.

Edit 2: why down votes? I'm just making conversation from my observation of Dominion. I'm not even claiming anyone is UP or OP.

AdziiMate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punmaster View Post
So I know it's only been out in beta for a few hours but it seems the meta is that everyone grabs an AD Dueler with high mobility and stacks phantom dancers. It does seem quite effective and Yi, Xin, Jax, Nocturne, Tryn run around dominating capture points.

I found that the perfect counter to dominate in dominion last night was Rammus. I boots of mobility ghost and power ball and he can get to any team fight or capture point in a hurry and he can dive points and defend them like crazy. You can walk into a Nocturne and tryn trying to steal your point and one combo (taunt, defensive ball curl and ult) and you can easily get them to both a quarter health before the rest of your team gets there just from ball curl alone. The only dueller I had issues with last night was an Udyr I played. lots of life steal and he was good with his stuns and build tanky (like nobody else in dominion who is just stacking pd).

I wonder how this meta is going to evolve and if a team comp with variety is ever going to come into play.

TL DR; ................Ok.
Enemy team has 5 AD champs

Play anyone

Get Ninja Tabi

Win the game

Hannor

09-23-2011

The rush game is getting old, and working less each game.

lbgsloan

09-23-2011

Build Thornmail. Laugh.

MajorKite

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdziiMate View Post
Enemy team has 5 AD champs

Play anyone

Get Ninja Tabi

Win the game
Except for squishies or anything that isn't tanky dps. They will 2-3 man gank you while you are alone and there is no safe place except your spawn.

Icy Nipplez

09-23-2011

Rammus + Thornmail + Garrison = GG

judokyn

09-23-2011

i find thundermouse to work well.

MyDeadGrandma

09-23-2011

3 tanky dps, one of them being rammus. 1 Global -panth, GP, TF Karth 1 Point defender - Heimer, Lux, Janna, Gragas.

warmturtle474

09-23-2011

karthus

Gravelord Nito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

ninja tabi + thornmail = gg

12345 ... 7