Is the Dominion FPS issue being worked on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sherrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2011

Hey guys... So lower your settings... It might help. Or maybe get a new computer and stop raging. Its beta software and Riot has every right to make it as demanding as Crysis 5.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Kind of feel sorry for anyone complaining about fps issues in LoL, especially if they want to play Skyrim or BF3 or MW3. BF3 alone has Recommended Hardware that rivals my pc.

Phykos

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrif View Post
Hey guys... So lower your settings... It might help. Or maybe get a new computer and stop raging. Its beta software and Riot has every right to make it as demanding as Crysis 5.
I did. I had to put everything on low just to get around 25 FPS down from a normal 50-60 during teamfights on SR. Listen guys, the map is prettier and more active, but that's a dramatic drop.

If you think it's because my laptop which I bought a MONTH ago suddenly got outdated (again, you guys seem to ignore the fact that I've mentioned I run other high end games with no issues, again Dawn of War 2, Empire Total War, TF2, etc) then you're insane. Why are you guys so rabid? You literally came on here and started attacking people saying it's their PCs. What the hell warranted that? You don't think that's the first then we considered? But, given the fact that I can run other more demanding games on High-medium settings and run SR on high settings at a consistent 50-60 frames....that doesn't make sense. The map and graphics aren't so **** incredible that I should literally have a 50% cut in FPS. I don't buy that for a second.

It's an issue on Riot's end and this would NOT be the first time they've had people with perfectly acceptable PCs have FPS issues. So pull your heads out of your asses.

Sazdek

09-23-2011

It's raining steel girders, clearly it's gods fault. Couldn't be that i'm standing in a construction zone. >.>

The reason us folk are rabid are simple, with benchmarking enabled i have roughly 20-25 decrease in fps on average (hovers between 200 and 250). Second, this map has MUCH MUUUUUUUUUCH MORE graphics and textures packed into a small space compared to SR. I don't think you quite comprehend the amount of information floating around in Crystal Scar. Thirdly none of the games you listed are high end. Download Crysis 2 and let me know what kind of fps you're getting on max, supposing your computer doesn't blow up.

As i stated before the time of purchase of a computer DOES NOT DOES NOT DOES NOT matter, it's the age of the parts inside. And no i don't mean the date they were manufactured, i mean the date that they were released. you can buy a computer today for 2000 dollars but if the parts in it were made 3 years ago, guess what? It's trash.there's no guilt in having buyers remorse.

Arkengate

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phykos View Post
LOL IS NOT A DEMANDING GAME AND CAN BE PLAYED ON HIGH BY MOST MODERN LAPTOPS.

Idiots on here, seriously.
Thats the problem, sir.
My lil bro uses a laptop.
His laptop is 2 years old, and was 600$.
So the OP has a worse pc.

secretasianmann

09-23-2011

This community is so cut throat, I mean come on a guy comes on here to ask for help from riot about low fps on dominion and you guys starting flaming him about having a bad computer, I swear the majority of people in the LoL forums need to hit puberty and learn to be nice to each other.

Niravam

09-23-2011

60 fps

Sazdek

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretasianmann View Post
This community is so cut throat, I mean come on a guy comes on here to ask for help from riot about low fps on dominion and you guys starting flaming him about having a bad computer, I swear the majority of people in the LoL forums need to hit puberty and learn to be nice to each other.
Did you read any of his posts? It first started with someone suggesting it was his PC which he then turned overly defensive about. The people complaining about fps issues are those who seem to have no idea what they're talking about. See a trend?

Sherrif

Recruiter

09-23-2011

I'm not flaming, I'm trying to help. And Riot doesn't have to lift a finger, as I said they have EVERY right to make a game as demanding as Crysis/Crysis 2... TF2 is not demanding, Dawn of War isn't demanding, Empire TW, not demanding... They aren't higher end, Lower your settings. IF that doesn't work build a new one, or upgrade your computer. YES dominion is demanding, I'm sure Riot knows that. I'm sure they talked about it. Perhaps open your control panel and bring down those settings.

Also please understand that Riot may read your thread, and even people raging at you will "Bump" you and give you a higher chance of being seen by Riot. But this is beta software, possibly the first time hardware other than the alienware they've been playing it on has been used. So it will get better I'm sure, but understand that you said yourself that its because of an older PC. Which if they want to make a good looking game, they will cater to newer computer models.

These are all facts, not rage, not pissed. Facts to help you, as I do not work for Riot and cannot speak for them and tell you that they are making even lower graphics settings just for you.

secretasianmann

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
Did you read any of his posts? It first started with someone suggesting it was his PC which he then turned overly defensive about. The people complaining about fps issues are those who seem to have no idea what they're talking about. See a trend?
Yes

All i was saying is that theres allot of trolls in this forum, I know there are people trying to help and im sure theres allot of people that appreciate the help.