Is the Dominion FPS issue being worked on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Going to point out a couple things. Age of a computer doesn't matter when you buy a brand name laptop or pc from a store like best buy. The computer may be a year old, the parts may be 3+ years old. Second laptops are not, by any means, optimized for gaming (with certain recent exceptions of Dells incorporating i3 i5 i7 into some "gaming" laptops) as they usually run with integrated graphics that are not exactly built to run games. Do they still run them? yes, but they becoming noticeably more and more **** as you get into higher and higher texture rich gaming (i.e. SR vs Crystal Scar).

I should add, so far to everyone who has mentioned that they have a decent PC they built themselves he has become snarky and falling back to some name calling because some of us on this planet aren't exactly technologically ignorant.

The Shank

09-23-2011

My framerate was the same/better

The only person in game that complained absolutely lagged like nothing else but he had windows 2003. I hate to say it but upgrade your machinery, yeah there might be a few coding errors they can fix but its mostly due to your computer.

nSyG x Antigone

Recruiter

09-23-2011

I ran Dominion on my Toshiba L775D Laptop at mid settings and got 40+ fps

Sytems spec:

AMD A6-3400 1.4ghz quad core
6gb DDR3
Integrated APU Radeon 6520 400mhz core, 320 shader procs, shared 512mb system ram (not a video card. Video chip is built into the quad core cpu)

$500 bucks at staples a few months ago.

So if you can not run Dominion at atleast 40+ fps on a desktop then you need to throw that pos dell in the trash.

The Shank

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
After reading everything i feel far more confident in my post now, you criticize us folk who have decent computers which i guess justifies yourself because you have a craptastic pc? My wife plays on a laptop that has 4g of ram, 2.2GHz processor (for comparisons sake my i5 2500k runs 3.3GHz stock)and has integrated graphics, she got about 20 ish fps in dominion. I'm certainly not running around like a chicken with my head cut off crying foul to Riot because her computer sucks.

If any of this techy stuff is too hard for you to read then you honestly have zero ground to complain here because you are truly ignorant to hardware and have even less ground to tell Riot what to do.
A can only preform up to its lowest component. Integrated graphics sucks, you have to use your RAM for the graphics so there is a delay from the integrated card to the RAM, also normal RAM is much slower than GDDR3-5. Its a nice processor but you are going to be limited for games by your gfx card.

nSyG x Antigone

Recruiter

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shank View Post
A can only preform up to its lowest component. Integrated graphics sucks, you have to use your RAM for the graphics so there is a delay from the integrated card to the RAM, also normal RAM is much slower than GDDR3-5. Its a nice processor but you are going to be limited for games by your gfx card.
read my post right above yours.

freeradikle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I know they did a lot of work Optimizing domion, but I think for a few reasons, performance will be lower:

1) The Map is prettier! there's more stuff moving around, your computer has to work harder to render it!
2) There's always action! On slower computers, in my experience, SR only lags in teamfights, when there are 4+ characters all using abilities at the same time. In Dominion, there's constant action, constant ability use, and consequently, constant lag. It makes sense.

Stop whining and lower your resolution / upgrade your computer.

Sazdek

09-23-2011

Not sure why you were quoting off of my post, i was only comparing my best machine (PC) to my worst (laptop) >.>

Saturdays

09-23-2011

If your machine is having lag issues with doninion and fps is below 20 (dominion with all max graphics) time to get a new machine I don't have any fps issues but I did happen to have a lag spike from time to time but not constantly

The Shank

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksylum View Post
read my post right above yours.
I did, I have 6 gigs of DDR2, a duo core processor but I get 60+ frames, I have a GFX card with a gig dedicated GDDR3.

Jacobs Mom

09-23-2011

Yawn, no issues here.

My desktop has an Intel Core i7, 4gigs of ram, and a nVidia 9600gt (Cost me $140 about 3 years ago)
My laptop has AMD switchable graphics, and on the integrated graphics it can still play Dominion/SR at around 40fps (but the Integrated will be on Medium)

It's a free game (sort of..), guys. People will expect it to be tailored to all ends of the PC spectrum -- both garbage, and good.