Is the Dominion FPS issue being worked on?

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

blind posting like a boss since the thread is TLDR

Crystal Scar is noticeably higher in demand than SR or TT, the first time loading my machine didn't know if it wanted to run at 150 fps or 250. Eventually she balanced out at 200-250 all the same as SR, though it does average a bit lower than SR during 5v5 zergs on points.

My advice? turn down some of your graphics. Or buy an up to date PC.

RealDeal187

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
blind posting like a boss since the thread is TLDR

Crystal Scar is noticeably higher in demand than SR or TT, the first time loading my machine didn't know if it wanted to run at 150 fps or 250. Eventually she balanced out at 200-250 all the same as SR, though it does average a bit lower than SR during 5v5 zergs on points.

My advice? turn down some of your graphics. Or buy an up to date PC.
Oh, you can't mention that to him, because that is obviously not the problem.

It is definitely something on Riot's side, not the fact that his computer just can't handle it.

Here, to clarify everything OP, run dxdiag, and give your computer specs. Also tell us what settings you are running the game on.

Sazdek

09-23-2011

After reading everything i feel far more confident in my post now, you criticize us folk who have decent computers which i guess justifies yourself because you have a craptastic pc? My wife plays on a laptop that has 4g of ram, 2.2GHz processor (for comparisons sake my i5 2500k runs 3.3GHz stock)and has integrated graphics, she got about 20 ish fps in dominion. I'm certainly not running around like a chicken with my head cut off crying foul to Riot because her computer sucks.

If any of this techy stuff is too hard for you to read then you honestly have zero ground to complain here because you are truly ignorant to hardware and have even less ground to tell Riot what to do.

Sazdek

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy420 View Post
Oh, you can't mention that to him, because that is obviously not the problem.

It is definitely something on Riot's side, not the fact that his computer just can't handle it.

Here, to clarify everything OP, run dxdiag, and give your computer specs. Also tell us what settings you are running the game on.
What he said, or better yet, get the paperwork that best buy gave you when you bought your computer and tell us the brand/model. that way we can then tell YOU how much it sucks and perhaps this black friday you can collect pennies to buy a cheap laptop which will ACTUALLY run LoL

Overlord NA

09-23-2011

I get the frame drops too. But they won't fix it. They still haven't fixed the issue regarding the frame drops from the Talon patch.

Typical Riot.

Sazdek

09-23-2011

lolz....I love how when a new patch comes out, Riot makes everything a bit prettier with some graphics updates, texture updates, etc and immediately people are crying foul that Riot dun goofed and it's no way not possible the fact that people play this game on 5+ year old computers they bought from best buy.

Warpcleft

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFURY View Post
I get the frame drops too. But they won't fix it. They still haven't fixed the issue regarding the frame drops from the Talon patch.

Typical Riot.
There were framerate issues?

If you're getting 30fps on SR then your computer isn't good enough to handle Dominion. They've put a lot more effort into the map design and due to the extra effects, it'll stress your computer.

Anyone that says 'integrated graphics' immedietally forfeits their right to post in this thread.

Don't cry to Riot about an issue that is hardware based.

Hisuichan

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
After reading everything i feel far more confident in my post now, you criticize us folk who have decent computers which i guess justifies yourself because you have a craptastic pc? My wife plays on a laptop that has 4g of ram, 2.2GHz processor (for comparisons sake my i5 2500k runs 3.3GHz stock)and has integrated graphics, she got about 20 ish fps in dominion. I'm certainly not running around like a chicken with my head cut off crying foul to Riot because her computer sucks.

If any of this techy stuff is too hard for you to read then you honestly have zero ground to complain here because you are truly ignorant to hardware and have even less ground to tell Riot what to do.
I have a one-year old laptop that runs Summoner's Rift at steady 30 FPS. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it's still new enough that I shouldn't have to turn almost all graphic settings on LoL to minimum to get Dominion to run at normal speed. It's not ancient and it runs SR and other games like Portal 2 without so much as blinking. Somehow Dominion was far more taxing and the entire thing ran like laggy filmstrip at the default settings. I was getting between 5 and 8 FPS the entire game.

It's a valid concern - and it's not an unreasonable complaint because he's not complaining about the mode, just calling an issue to Riot's attention, which he should be able to do without people snarking that his computer just must be old.

Arkengate

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Darnay View Post
Wow, it's entertaining how a legitimate thread was derailed so quickly. God forbid someone raise a potential issue.

Anyway, I also get ~60 FPS on Summoner's Rift on mid-high settings, but I can barely get up to 30 on Crystal Scar with those same settings. Had to bump everything down to low.
Anyway, i get 60 fps on summoners rifl, 60 fps on crystal scar.
And i have the game capped @ 60 fps.
So.
Its your ****ty computers.

Arkengate

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuichan View Post
I have a one-year old laptop that runs Summoner's Rift at steady 30 FPS. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it's still new enough that I shouldn't have to turn almost all graphic settings on LoL to minimum to get Dominion to run at normal speed. It's not ancient and it runs SR and other games like Portal 2 without so much as blinking. Somehow Dominion was far more taxing and the entire thing ran like laggy filmstrip at the default settings. I was getting between 5 and 8 FPS the entire game.

It's a valid concern - and it's not an unreasonable complaint because he's not complaining about the mode, just calling an issue to Riot's attention, which he should be able to do without people snarking that his computer just must be old.
LAPTOPS
ARE
NOT
FOR
GAMING.

They can be used, but theyre not BUILT for gaming.
(except desktop replacements, which are still worse)

12345678 ... 13