Jax - How you building for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dezarius

09-23-2011

Finally got to try Dominion last night. Firs game Jax, second Blitz. I did fine with Blitz, but Jax seemed very underwhelming...which means I missed something, because I'm not a bad Jax player, and I know he's decent to very good in Dominion.

So - what are people doing for him, build wise?
Any cooldown items recommended? I feel I didn't use my Q well, and that it was a longer CD than I'm used to (probably just pace of the game).

Thanks for any help.

PudgyPants

09-23-2011

you have been trolled, jax is average but all the terrible players makes him look good.

Dezarius

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternateliving View Post
you have been trolled, jax is average but all the terrible players makes him look good.
Eh - you could be right. I'm a very average player, too casual to really get the details, but I understand the basic meta and do's/dont's. So maybe my feeling of Jax being underwhelming is because he is.

I'd still like a few more opinions/facts/builds.

Dezarius

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternateliving View Post
Bah - wait - you're the one trolling. Aren't you the guy I just quoted and scolded for thinking Heimer was trash in Dominion? Pft - back to the bridge with you....

paperplague

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

i tried him hes rly is amazing 1v1 champ not avg at all the only problem i had whne i used jax is geting kited idk but it feels like its way easy to run on domnion vs norm

his normal build is the best still gunblade ragesblaes but maybe wanna get slow item like phage sooner

KuroNekoSama

09-23-2011

OK so I've played three times, two of which I won first place, and the second I lost but still received first place on my team. I don't know if this build is that great or not, because I have not had the chance to fully try it out myself, but in my mind it seems like it could destroy.

Masteries are 9-21-0 with the 9 being into the 15% MP, and the other 21 are for tankiness/added AP. For runes I'd go 3x Movement speed Quints, 9x Mage Pen Marks, 9x Dodge Seals, and 9x Stack Mage Resist Glyphs. If you think thats too much Magic Penetration then go for some flat AD Marks for early game health and damage. For summoner spells go for ghost and exhaust.

When you start you get all 3 skills. From there max Leap Strike first, getting Counter-Strike in the in betweens and maxing it second, and then Empower last. Of course get your ultimate at every available chance.

Start the game with Ninja Tabi and one of those yellow books that give 20 AP for 435 gold (don't know the name ), and from there build a Hextech Gunblade. Now if the team is heavy in magic damage go with a Wit's Edge, but otherwise go for a Malady. From there build another Hextech Gunblade for extra life, damage, and survivability (of course, don't forget to spam your skills or else this is a waste). Then, if the enemies are AD heavy go for a Frozen Mallet followed by an Atma's Impaler, but if they are caster heavy go for Rylai's Crystal Scepter followed by a Lich's Bane.

This should provide you with at least 3k health and so much life steal/magic resist that it'd be difficult to die. You should also dodge at least once every 3 hits, which will help protect from AD enemies. Last, you should move relatively fast to help protect your turrets/capture them, aid allies, and prevent those sneaky enemies from getting away. Maybe if you'd like added late game movement speed, and the game is for some reason still in play, switch out your Ninja Tabi for a Trinity Force, or some other quicker pair of boots.

Feedback is appreciated.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Havent played Jax much yet on CS but it seems like there is less opportunity to build up his attack speed on minions and then jump on an enemy the way you can laning on SR. I think getting some attack speed earlier than usual might be worth it. A early zeal also gives some movement speed which is always handy on Dominion.

Egotistica

09-23-2011

Jax is always a godly 1v1 champ, and because champs are always spread thin capping points, it's a duck shoot.

kentuckychicken

09-23-2011

First you need to buy the core items:

Ninja Tabi
Hextech Revolver
Guinsoo's Rageblade (thinking about replacing with PD for extra MS)
Hextech Gunblade

Then you can go with 4 paths:

Classic tanky DPS:
Trinity, Atma, Warmogs

AP heavy:
Rylai, Rabadon, Lich Bane

Tank:
3 defense items (Thornmail, Randuin, FoN, Odyn Veil maybe, Warmog, etc)

Troll build:
3 more gunblades

I prefer the AP build, but go tanky DPS if the enemy team is tanky aswell since your burst will be negated.