System fails

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolyourangry

06-03-2010

@ Keeza

Quote:
theres no way for the matchmaking system to accurately judge how good you're going to be
Thanks for not reading the post. I didn not expect the system to know how good I was going to be I pointed out that the system picked 2 level 5s and a level 3 and placed them on a team(all of these had wins under their belt), it then took 3 level 1s none of which had any wins and put them on the other team. Its not rocket science to see that was lop sided. Next time before you post read and pay atten to what the post is about.

@R66Y

Quote:
Riot has looked at using KDA in their MM. What they found was that it had no statistical correlation with winning or skill outside of a hard carry!
Do you work at Riot and just forgot to put your tag on correctly? Is there a post where a Riot employee posted to back that statement up? If your going to speak on the companies behalf which you have been doing then please post some documentation to support your claims, if you have none then your opinions need to be stated as such.

Quote:
Like most games, levels are not even. Level 2 is your first win (or 2 losses), level 3 is likely going to be by game 3-4. you can hit 5 in one day easy. If you were to play over a few days (say 2-3 games a day), with the first win of the day bonus you'll likely hit 5 on day 3.

Last smurf I started i think I have a whooping 14 games on and am level 7. most people seem to hit the upper teans or even lower twenties within a week or two.
Ok 2 things here first ima call the bs flag on your saying you have 14 games and are level 7. That would mean you only have to win 2 games per level and this is not true. Also since you have a hard time paying attention to the post like Keeza does, your saying to play 2-3 games a day and you are ofcourse saying we should do this everyday. Again I will state I AM NOT A HARDCORE GAMER LIKE YOU! I have more things going on besides gaming, yet I would still like to play a game and enjoy it, and I am not alone many people dontave the ability to spend 2-3 hours a night gaming like you obviously can.

Quote:
Also, it took me 4 months to get to level 30. This is working a full time job and spending nearly 2 of those months living out of hotels where i couldn't play at all.
Thank you again for letting us know how hardcore you are level 30 in 2 months time while working a fulltime job. This post isnt about how fast one can level nor how long it takes to level but rather about a failed matching system. You have failed to grasp the meaning of this post in every way. If you had an intelligent response as to why the computer stacked a expierenced team against a brand new team that had not played you should have posted it, instead you have used the spaceon this thread to rant about something that was not a factor and talk about how pro you are to level so fast and how high of a character you have. Also thanks for letting us know you created a smurff which explains why you have been sticking up for them. Please go troll elsewhere or dtart your own thread to make your epeen bigger and stay out of this one as you have nothing relevent to add to the discussion. However if indeed you are a Riot employee who can back up your statements you made on Riots behalf sign back in under your company account and feel free to post away.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas
We ran a ton of analysis using machine learning algorithms, and k/d/a is only weakly correlated to player skill, so it would suck for the basis of a rating system. The reason we know this is we ran about 50 different stat's and tried to predict match outcomes of players in the future, and interestingly, K/d/a only is a good measurement on super carries, it's a bad one on everyone else.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...41#post1240741

On matching players of different level:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas
If we go for perfect, we never make matches, or we go perfect on level, and give you bad skill matches. Or you wait a super long time.

btw, I have under 100 wins and I'm in the top 1.5% of players by rating. Win count isn't a great predictor of performance in game.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...85#post1336585

and I found those in about 10 minutes of searching Zileas posts.

As for having a level 7 w/ 14 games, I think it has a slightly winning record (something like 8/6) with many of the wins getting FWotD bonus, which gives almost as much XP/IP as an additional win.

Finally, my gaming habits are not that of a hardcore gamer. If you consider a couple games a night a couple times during the week, with an afternoon on the weekends hardcore, then I guess i'll just have to disagree with you. Of course, since it doesn't support your position to admit that I am almost the definition of a casual gamer and was ab;e to unlock the game in short order, I don't expect you to agree with me.

Honestly, given your attitude, name, and general demeanor in your posts, i strongly suspect all I'm doing here is feeding the troll. Nothing I post will change your mind, you came in here with it made up and i suspect are only looking to either bash the game because you didn't faceroll in your first game like you expected or just looking to try to rile someone up and get a reaction. Hopefully someone else will get some use out of this conversation though. Regardless, i'm through. Best of luck to you ingame if you decide to stick around Lolyourangry.