It's Friday... GIVE US DOMINION!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karel2010

09-23-2011

I'm just wondering why they gave us it then took it away. I mean it worked fine right ? So why take it down ?

Skweeble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

DonnySpock

09-23-2011

I don't know about any of you guys, but dominion is a refreshing change. Definitely had a good experience with the beta last night and got a lot of games in. Generally, it felt like people picked it up reasonably well and if they weren't doing well people seemed inclined to coach and teach which was good to see! Totally can't believe some people were posting negatives about the game play mechanics considering they were fairly solid with no characters totally unbalanced (unless you want to except the speedys who can cap the top tower first). That imo is just good planning after you've played a few times, keep up the great work guys. Super fun stuff!

dragonstripes

09-23-2011

Silence! Twist those knobs! Twist those knobs! You! Pull some levers! Pull some levers!

Dominus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel2010 View Post
I'm just wondering why they gave us it then took it away. I mean it worked fine right ? So why take it down ?
it will need to be taken down for bug fixes and balancing since it's still BETA

but that's not what they're doing. they let us use it for a little bit. now they've shut it down and arent going to bring it back up until theyve analyzed all the data (which they will prolly use to then update the game mode as well). I'm guessing they could analyze yesterday's data while keeping the game mode available, but why would riot do something that would make them popular? the whole point of making it available yesterday was for them not us.

Asphyxious

09-23-2011

You guys are acting like Riot is like a kid with a ball playing keep-away with us. I think they know what they're doing, I trust they don't want the server hamster to spontaneously combust or have a myocardial infarction. There were a few issues with the beta yesterday, especially as we got into peak hours (specifically, in game lag became pretty bad for a while there, until they, I assume, scaled the platform a bit). That's what they're trying to do, frankly. The point of a beta test is to push the platform as hard as you can, watch it break, and then fix it, analyzing what broke it, why it broke, and how you can improve its resilience.

Teal Deer: They know what they're doing, and they're not cruelly keeping it out of our hands.

Incidentally, when did they say they would have it released by now? Only thing I remember is "Shortly after PAX." It's been, what, almost a month? That's still "shortly" in my book.

foolishwtf

09-23-2011

bump for jesus

AbstractFive

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
You know we want to .

Data analysis!
Save to a new file, enable dominion!

Dr PoisonGG

09-23-2011

East/Nord has Dominion.. we wanna Dominion to

BloodraiderX

09-23-2011

aww NA servers need the green light.

GOGO!!