Twisted fate and the new lock a card.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waterd

09-19-2009

I didn't like the old locking card way, but it was bereable. The new Pick a card is untolerable on the other hand.
Before at least, if you didn't want to play locking your cards during some moment in the game, because you wanted to focus on other things you could, just shoot it normally.
Now you are forced to play this "guitar hero" game all the time.
I already presented in other threads why i think is unproductive that you make people play "guitar hero" wich is a singleplayer game, that has nothing to do with LOL.
Q ability for example is good example of a skill where you play with your opponent. The new pick a card is a good way to play a solo game.
If he are going to accept this kind of ability to be in the game, we could just a well accept a new hero called the matematician. He has an ability that increase his damage the faster you resolve his math questions, so he put on the screen a fast math question like 15/3 and you must press 5, bam double damage.
Why ability like that has no place here imo? because this isn't guitar hero, this is a multiplayer game where player want to outskill the opponent in interaction.

Twisted fate was really my favorite character in fun value along with rammus.
I just do not have fun anymore playing it, i don't have fun focusing part of my mind into locking the cards wich is almost completly a singleplayer game. i don't want to do simple math calcuations at super speed when i play lol, i don't want to play guitar hero, and certainly don't want to play this "lock a card game".

If you decide that you are to let this "locking card game" in the game, picking a card when you press W, please , at least allow an attack count as "picking a card". That is if i shot and didn't lock a card, it shoots the card i had at that moment. Exactly how it worked before. But if I want to pick a card, fine, press w again.

Yeah, exactly like before, you could lock a card but it wasn't the only option.
Personally I would completly remove the locking a card game enterily.

EDIT: In this new system, the blue cards are PARTICUARLY annoying. You need to press W for each blue card you throw.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-19-2009

Quote:
EDIT: In this new system, the blue cards are PARTICUARLY annoying. You need to press W for each blue card you throw.
highly agree with this part. the new blue cards are useless. The change you suggested about reverting the system to pick a card based on on either attacks or a second push of W, would be pretty cool. I dont mind the "single player" mentality that you outlined, but i can see why you find problem with that style of gameplay. Your change would also balance out how CM can easily toss out stun after stun in fights while auto attacking inbetween

Idomis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

Using the new Pick A Card involves twice as much mad W,W,W,W,W,W,W,W,W,W as before in end-game fights. It's just not fun. It's even worse with the current bug where you might get stuck with an unthrowable card, but I'm sure that will be fixed.

It's really not fun to spam W all the time. Rather than that, what if you just remove the "choice" of the card altogether? Put up a super-fast slot machine of BRYBRYBRY over his head and then when he chucks his next throw, the type of card is based on probability rather than what the slot machine actually said. And if the slot machine goes fast enough, it's understood to be math-based and not time-based (which is HORRIBLE for anyone with >80ms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterd View Post

Amen to this. With the new system, there's really no way around it and it stinks big time.

--
I'm a firm believer that 1 click should equal 1 action. As it is, to use PAC, you require twice as much mechanical and time investment - the whole terrible event being exacerbated by any lag you might be experiencing. As it stands, TF is just less fun.

Tasty Buiscuts

09-19-2009

I dont mind the new version too much, the locking actually can be nice, especially for coming for a gank and it IS possible to land them in combat, albeit a bit harder. Personally my least favorite part of the new version is how it takes the mana for the spell everytime you cast it, so if you go 3 blues and a red at lvl 5 youre spending 300 mana as opposed to 60 before.

killertje

09-19-2009

No locking at all FTW, just throw whatever is above his head right now and do the effect immediately. You get 1 card per cast and if it's blue you get another one untill its either red or yellow.

Idomis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by killertje View Post
No locking at all FTW, just throw whatever is above his head right now and do the effect immediately. You get 1 card per cast and if it's blue you get another one untill its either red or yellow.
Except that you have to keep clicking W to get past your blue cards, which causes the weakest of the cards (blue) to have an additional mechanical investment. Add in that the skill has to recharge each time and it's ugly.

Mal3vol3nc3

09-19-2009

yea this completely broke the hero imo hes pretty useless now

Hmmer94

09-19-2009

I like it this way, adds to his "luck/skill" feel.

The character is now complete

RiskyNight

09-19-2009

That Maths Character sounds interesting

Guess

09-19-2009

Thought the original spell was perfect. Now the hero is just completely broken.