My tips on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JiggalyWiggaly

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylo View Post
There is no favorite to win. I just had a game where the enemy team was 350+, we were on 11. We won.

I disagree. Try to cap a point with an un-killable Singed or Amumu trolling around stopping you. Early on tanks die like the rest, but mid-late, tanks be an unmovable annoyance.

I agree with some of the other stuff you're saying - namely if you have 3 points; defend.
True, I actually had a game where the other team was at ~200 and my team was at 4 and we came back and won. But that was because they all 5 grouped up just trying to get 1 or 2 towers and all five of us split up, playing super aggressive like you have to if you're in that situation and captured 4 towers. The other team then proceded to just try to push all 5 of their players onto a tower all 5 of us were defending. Obviously anything can happen in this game. But if you have that big of a lead, if you do everything right from there on out, you should be able to win. I feel like it was just as much the other teams fault for blowing that game as it was ours for winning it. But yeah, i see what you mean.

And I've changed my mind that you definitely DO need at least 1 hardcore tank that can defend a tower no matter what comes at him. Having this one tank almost eliminates one tower you have to worry about letting your roamers and dps focus on just 2 others. I will update the guide with this. Thank you for yalls imput.

JiggalyWiggaly

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiinna View Post
Once played with a leona, she defended points from 3 at once for a while, till we showed up (a while being >1 minute)

Tanks with great aoe disruption have some important jobs once they get tanky.

Self sustain or awesome 1v1 fighters are definitly VERY good in Dominion (akali, WW (that ult is up all the time), etc.)
yep, definitly 1v1 assassins play a huge role in this game as teams are more spread out. and yeah, seems like everyone agrees that if you can have 1 tank that pokes around at people and can hold a capture point off from 3 people at once then they play a huge role in the game. thanks for the feedback! keep it coming!

JiggalyWiggaly

09-23-2011

updated the guide to include the role of a heavy tank to poke around and defend a tower from up to 3 enemies.

Icarus Penna

09-23-2011

agreed, tanks, other than defending, can be use to capture as well. I've seen a team send 3 members roaming, and 2 tanks sweeping clock-wise, nobody can really stop them (you got mundo and olaf, killing olaf is not that hard without mundo keep sticking to your back and cleaving you ever 3 sec or so).

JiggalyWiggaly

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrallQuisam View Post
agreed, tanks, other than defending, can be use to capture as well. I've seen a team send 3 members roaming, and 2 tanks sweeping clock-wise, nobody can really stop them (you got mundo and olaf, killing olaf is not that hard without mundo keep sticking to your back and cleaving you ever 3 sec or so).
interesting idea. i'm not sure how great that constant sweeping motion would work but it's definitely worth a try! ill try it out with my friends next time dominions back up. great idea's, keep 'em comin!

JiggalyWiggaly

09-23-2011

updated the guide with an overview of the new items available in Dominion.

JiggalyWiggaly

09-23-2011

well i'm going to bed for the night. keep this thread up and going so we can get more feedback please. more idea's are always appreciated. i'll be updating the guide more tomorrow. thanks for the support!

JiggalyWiggaly

09-23-2011

keepin this thread alive. more suggestions are welcome!

DannyM0800

09-23-2011

great points. i dont have time now but i'll come back later and share some ideas i have

DannyM0800

09-23-2011

bumping this thread for you