Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tactii

09-23-2011

Soraka is way better than that. Try a maxed Starcall + Rylai's build w/ Heal and watch assassins fall over themselves trying to get close to you, then away from you. The AoE on that Q is such that it's really hard to push her off a point without some heavy utility.

Somebody told me Soraka was useless in Dominion, so I went on to top score a winning 4v5 with her shortly after :P

coffeerox

09-23-2011

I have a few disagreements
Tier 1:
Shaco - still useless. We thought that his stealth would enable him to shine on this map, as well as Twitch and Evelyn but they're all useless. Having one on your team is very bad. I was in no way threatened when either of those were on their team but shockingly, a well played Heimerdinger works in Dominion.

Heimerdinger - He's too high. He's viable in Dominion, which is good, but carries the same weaknesses as the other modes. He's very easy to kill and is generally helpless and defenseless.

Skarner - I don't see how Skarner is good on this map at all. He doesn't have anything useful and he'll get peaced out if anybody catches him outside of a cap point with his team. The new items don't necessarily work great with him either. He still has his specific and unique build to follow or else he doesn't work.

Tier 2:
Rumble - should be moved up. He is a beast on Dominion and he is very disruptive to capture points. He can stop a defending node and allow his team to come in pretty easily.

Morgana - Morgana in a team fight is deadly. She is very hard to kill even if solo, and that makes her one of the top champions to play in this mode.

Tier 3:
Malzahar - went up against a beast earlier today. He is definitely not tier 3 material, I'd say tier 2 or even 1. The damage he pours out and the CC is ridiculous. Very difficult to stop in the right hands.

Shen - he should be in Tier 1. He can be anywhere on the map due to his ultimate and he can help defend or cap any node he wants.

(debatable) Sivir - Her ultimate is a move speed and attack speed buff. Her on defense + some allies will make it hard to cap with her there. Her boomerang deals a ton of damage and can be used to harass while they're already afraid of moving in.

The new items fit well with her. Ionic Spark is synergistic with Ricochet. Tons of AOE damage. It's easy and cheap to build an attack speed build with a little survivability to it. Kitae's Bloodrazor is perfect on her. Madred's is already amazing on Sivir but a cheaper version of it? OMG!

Tier 4:
Warwick - big disagree here. I've found that he's one of the top Dominion characters period. Even though healing effects are reduced, with the proper build (incl Spirit Visage), he gets it all back and with a good attack speed build, he does tons of damage while capable of regenerating an insane amount of life back. Like what I mentioned with Sivir, the new items work extremely well with Warwick.

Kitae's Bloodrazor is top choice and should be rushed. The Lightbringer (or Lightspeed, whatever) Bow is good and the Ionic Spark is great too. Sanguine Blade also works great on him because his high attack speed and ultimate will max out it's stacks easily.

As always, his Q always deals respectable damage, has good range. His W is so-so since the AS items are so cheap and readily available. His E really shines here. He will be able to pick up <50% enemy champions easily and he gains a significant move speed increase.

I see what you are trying to do here, and personally I was going to throw up a list of top champs but the problem is that we don't know enough and the community in general hasn't had time to play every champ and find their viability just yet.

A tier list is way too early and this, by no means, is accurate. I can agree on a handful, but others are just a shot in the dark and are just put there because you don't know where to put them yet.

I've been through this before w/ fighting games. Latest example being MvC3. Attempted tier list very early in the game's lifespan and after a few months of solid tourney play, list was mostly changed and things people didn't think would be top, was top (like Wolverine LOL)

Quote:
Hotdogs Dominion Tier List v2

Tier 1 Godlike: Jax Akali Udyr Pantheon Gangplank
Tier 2 Great: Shaco Tryndamere Olaf Ezreal
Tier 3 Good: Teemo Warwick Lee Sin Nocturne Poppy Dr. Mundo Garen LeBlanc Sona Caitlyn Kog'Maw
Tier 4 OK: Corki Heimerdinger Janna Kassadin MasterYi
Tier 5 Bad: Ashe Irelia Mordekaiser Ryze Soraka

This one is even more off than the first one.

First off, Irelia is excellent on this map. The new items fit in perfectly with her and mixed in with some old items like TF, she is a beast. Her #1 problem in SR is that she needs a lot of farm, in Dominion, not so, because she can get everything she needs in a very short period of time. Irelia is more like tier 1 material.

Warwick, Lee Sin, Garen, Janna are too low as well. Master Yi is debatable. He is good for quick caps but he's still a one trick pony and easy to take down. I don't think Soraka should be that low but it's debatable considering she has a global heal. That can change team fights while on tower defense or offense at any given moment. We just don't know enough yet so for right now, the burst, tanky dps champions as well as assassins are the way to go for the moment.

IrrationalNoob

09-23-2011

Shaco is much much better at this mode. He is hard to chase and great at suprise assaults and get aways. Perhaps he is a tad high, but he has a lot of potential. I have not seen ad do well (other people auto attack better then him) but ap is very frightening, especially with how squishy everyone generally is. Adds scouting potential if needed. His bug fixes make him able to do his sneaky captures/backdoor attacks much easier.

Rumble is tier 2. He is a good tanky dps and has his move speed increase but with lower team fights and the wider areas of capture points compared to SR, his ult does not cut people off as much as SR. Completely viable but not overpowered in terms of utility and damage. I could see him moving up a bit on tier 2, maybe.

The amount of things Heimer can do 1v1 to someone trying to hold a turret is amazing. He can dump turrets of his own, he can poke with his missiles or he can drop his grenade for area denial. The same is true on turret defense. Heimer has always been good for push comps in SR, and faded to oblivion when push comps were no longer viable. But guess what? You push all the time in dominion....

Skarner is good at defending. Perhaps he is indeed to high on the list though.

WW suffers from now having enough of a steroid to be able to toe to toe with the top bruisers and not being able to poke well under turrets in small fights. He suffers from his CC being melee after he uses it, being attached to his ultimate, also being his gap closer and being interuptable. He has to stick with teammates to be effective although I agree his bloodscent is pretty good on this map.

IrrationalNoob

09-23-2011

Quote:
coffeerox:

I've been through this before w/ fighting games. Latest example being MvC3. Attempted tier list very early in the game's lifespan and after a few months of solid tourney play, list was mostly changed and things people didn't think would be top, was top (like Wolverine LOL)

And I am not saying this is the be all end all. I have limited iterations of dominion games along with everyone else here and this is simply my opinion. That said, I think tier lists for fighting games are far different then a MOBA style game. While I doubt anyone on my list is more than a tier out of place I could be wrong, and that is why it is posted on the forums-to discuss it.

Mailius

09-23-2011

Vlad is pretty good in Dominion (very good at defense).
J4 is too low

I think the placement of your support champions will turn out to be low once we have more experience with the map.

Also, I think your grouping of champions mostly into tier 1/2 just reflects how little we know about how strong a champion actually is in this mode. For instance, Akali, Jax, Heimer and a couple of others are nearly strong enough to deserve their own tier compared to the rest of tier 1 champions.

Ladiesman2I7

Recruiter

09-23-2011

Karma is good.

GreenThunda

09-23-2011

Maybe veigar and Nasus swapped? Idk Veigar feels worse as he can't do any role. Nasus is a below average Defender/ below average dueler (since he cant farm SS), but I feel he's still better than Veigar who cant duel, BD, defend, or push

IrrationalNoob

09-23-2011

Vlad is...worse then every other mage at this mode. His E that was good at pushing is no where near the same here. His q is nerfed again because of the global passive. How is vlad a better turret defender compared to heimer/karthus/swain or basically any other mage? Also, sustain over time is not as good on this map.

He loses a lot of 1v1s and group fight potential is not high enough to make up for it. His pool is strong still but that is it really.

Reaperr

09-23-2011

Just a question, why is pantheon listed as a T1? He has a ult to go across the map but generally loses out to about every hero on your T1 list in a fight until he has built up a good amount of gold and also has no speed boosts. I see him listed in a lot of lists but he seemed pretty lacking in every match I played.

Also I think Warwick should be at least T3 due to high self sustain for defense and can reveal people across the map for the most part for teammates or speed boost with Blood Scent. Also he's fairly decent in most combat.

Bacoj

09-23-2011

dude everyone underrates karma....she has so much survival and is great with either panth or tf bot