AP needs better Dominion items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thrackerzod

09-22-2011

AD has 6 Dominion-exclusive items (out of 11, in other words, over 50% of the items). AP has two (slightly less than 20% of them), one of which is the equivalent of Doran's Ring for Dominion and AD has an equivalent. The other three are fairly universal, BUT one of them makes AP almost totally useless against someone that has it. Now, Prospector's Ring is fine. Don't change it, but Hextech sweeper sucks. Since no one is going to ever get Hextech Sweeper against non-stealth enemies, AP essentially has ONE Dominion item.

Since there's an item that makes AP almost useless against someone that has it, AP nets absolutely no new items. ("+1" for Prospector's Ring, "-1" for Odyn's Veil, "+1" for Hextech Sweeper, "-1" for it being useless.)

And I think I know exactly why you don't have more for AP in Dominion. It's because of Rabadon's Deathcap. Rabadon's Deathcap makes it so any AP item that adds more than 40 or so passable because it now adds just shy of 50 instead. So any items you add have to either be weak independently or wind up being too good when combined with Deathcap. So why not make an item that works similarly to Deathcap but a little weaker and cheaper, disable Deathcap, then make new exciting Dominion items? Seriously AP needs a LOT of love for Dominion.

Omniance

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akouma View Post
AD has 6 Dominion-exclusive items (out of 11, in other words, over 50% of the items). AP has two (slightly less than 20% of them), one of which is the equivalent of Doran's Ring for Dominion and AD has an equivalent. The other three are fairly universal, BUT one of them makes AP almost totally useless against someone that has it. Now, Prospector's Ring is fine. Don't change it, but Hextech sweeper sucks. Since no one is going to ever get Hextech Sweeper against non-stealth enemies, AP essentially has ONE Dominion item.

Since there's an item that makes AP almost useless against someone that has it, AP nets absolutely no new items. ("+1" for Prospector's Ring, "-1" for Odyn's Veil, "+1" for Hextech Sweeper, "-1" for it being useless.)

And I think I know exactly why you don't have more for AP in Dominion. It's because of Rabadon's Deathcap. Rabadon's Deathcap makes it so any AP item that adds more than 40 or so passable because it now adds just shy of 50 instead. So any items you add have to either be weak independently or wind up being too good when combined with Deathcap. So why not make an item that works similarly to Deathcap but a little weaker and cheaper, disable Deathcap, then make new exciting Dominion items? Seriously AP needs a LOT of love for Dominion.
This is actually a pretty awesome idea. It would be even more awesome if it were that % damage proc item that casters were supposed to get ages ago.

Thrackerzod

09-22-2011

Bump.

Shikuya

09-22-2011

The issue with Dominion right now for AP is that you can't get THAT much ap. You can't stack tear in the time, or a RoA. On Cass I had to rely on a Rabadon's, Rylai's, and then defensive items or a Will of the Ancients. Only netted me around 300 AP, which isn't a ton when you have champs like Nocturne Ulting on top of you and then auto attacking you down in 3-4 seconds. You pretty much have to have your Ult up to live through that and turn the gank.

Hethow

09-22-2011

Want more MS items for casters (cheap ones too)

Deielleye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Agreed AD champs have an obvious advantage in domnion at the moment

SpooksWithNukes

09-22-2011

I enjoy the hextech sweeper with leblanc, cdr is useful, health is useful. Yeah.. its impossible to charge a tear now, archangel staff is pretty much worthless... you need the health more anyway. roa is pretty poor item now also. it's about penetration, id rather have a haunting guise.

Ozymandeus

09-22-2011

Ryze would like a mana/MagicPen item please. All there is to buy on him are catalysts :P

Two of the big "mana" items are Tear and RoA...both of which have long buildup times which doesn't work for such a short game.

Could you perhaps add to Tear "You gain 20 mana for killing an enemy champion." or something along those lines?

Thrackerzod

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikuya View Post
The issue with Dominion right now for AP is that you can't get THAT much ap. You can't stack tear in the time, or a RoA. On Cass I had to rely on a Rabadon's, Rylai's, and then defensive items or a Will of the Ancients. Only netted me around 300 AP, which isn't a ton when you have champs like Nocturne Ulting on top of you and then auto attacking you down in 3-4 seconds. You pretty much have to have your Ult up to live through that and turn the gank.
Thing is though if they had an item that was like Deathcap but affordable that problem would be largely mitigated. If AP had items that were even remotely on par with AD's Dominion items, they'd actually have a chance against AD champions. AD champions have Kitae's Bloodrazor which is awesome considering how tanky good Dominion champions get towards the end, Sanguine Blade which is stupidly good, Prospector's Blade, Ionic Spark which is stupidly good, Entropy which has one of the best actives I've ever seen, and Lightbringer which is the most incredible counter to stealth I've yet to see that isn't Oracle's Elixir. So AD got 6 incredible items, and AP got 2 items, one of which is just shamefully bad and the other is early-game only. Then AP also has to play around Odyn's Veil, which is actually stronger than Banshee's Veil would've been in Dominion since you probably are never going to get items with no offensive component for you in Dominion.

Thrackerzod

09-22-2011

To those that are saying you can't charge a Tear in Dominion: yeah you actually can. You'll never get it full, sure, but you can get it really high since you can have it the moment you start. Honestly Ryze is super good because mana items are fairly cheap and gold comes fast. Also in Dominion he should always have Frozen Heart for how much mana it gives and thus is a walking foil to AD. Snare, MR shred, big low cooldown nuke, and an ult that gives you Spell Vamp makes him one of the few magic damage users that really murders on Dominion.