Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion - my opinion and first impression!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mizerable

09-22-2011

• Stealth champions are very strong - there isn't much you can do against them.
  • Champions who are mobile dominate. Pantheon, tf, rammus, Kassadin, teemo, etc...
  • The lack of wards isn't a good thing especially when champs like teemo/shaco get free 'wards',
  • Again, mobile champs force you to turtle/defend which isn't an option in Dominion.
  • Champions with global ults (Mobile or not) are very useful.
  • The action is very rewarding, overall I had great fun!
  • There needs to be more prevention against "Backdooring" in this mode to prevent these mobile champs from being a 1 many carry.

Again, overall my experience was a positive one. I don't feel like this will be the next big competitive game, but will be a great mode to relax in after a tough SR game . Balancing this will be hard in my opinion... it may require certain champions to be changed EXCLUSIVELY for Dominion if possible.

Congratulations Riot! I can't wait to see the changes that will be coming to Dominion!

Mizerable

09-22-2011

No responses or discussion. Sad . Shameless last bump.

King Shamoo

09-22-2011

I'd have to agree with you on all of these points except for the one about lack of wards. The thing about wards is, if you think about it, it would only take 4-5 ward to get sight on almost the entire map since the "alleys" in the fog are short and there's only a few intersections that dont already have sight.... so yeah =)

EDIT: there ya go =D

Billion

09-22-2011

I've been playing against champs of those sorts, and if you're a five man pre-made you'd know to just go backdoor their team when shaco/twitch/eve/whoever is busy so that you force a 5v4 situation, all while shaco is being blamed for his teams lost ;P

Mizerable

09-22-2011

Quote:
Lord Shamoo:
I'd have to agree with you on all of these points except for the one about lack of wards. The thing about wards is, if you think about it, it would only take 4-5 ward to get sight on almost the entire map since the "alleys" in the fog are short and there's only a few intersections that dont already have sight.... so yeah =)

EDIT: there ya go =D

I do agree with you but without wards it enables these mobile champs to get by without warning. You have to have someone near that turret at all times if you ever want to keep it. People like teemo/shaco get free vision so you know exactly what is going on at all times.

Mizerable

09-22-2011

Quote:
Billion:
I've been playing against champs of those sorts, and if you're a five man pre-made you'd know to just go backdoor their team when shaco/twitch/eve/whoever is busy so that you force a 5v4 situation, all while shaco is being blamed for his teams lost ;P

The problem with a 5v4 situation (Depending on team comp I suppose) is that it's not as great in Dominion. You can really defend well in a 4v5 situation and even if you die it's probably worth it considering their say shaco can get 1 turret while your fighting and perhaps neutralize another while you capture the turret you were fighting at.

A second point to 5v4 is that there really are no "Lanes" so it's hard to initiate. You can spread out so well and not have to worry about all getting downed so quick.

Twolfandthelord

09-22-2011

to be fair shaco, twitch and eve are pretty much useless in fights, if someone is defendig they can't force on you because they are squishy, unlike let's say leblanc and akali, those *****es can kill you in 3 seconds in your own tower and take it