Rammus op in domenion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazarack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by subninja View Post
I'm not sure. I think if your team is on the ball, a high mobility champion like rammus won't actually be able to take any points from you. It takes quite a bit of time to capture a point, and rammus isn't going to be able to force a point if you're defending it.

So, just ensure that you have someone paying attention to where [insert mobility champion here] is heading, and stop them from capping. The tower (and you!) will prevent them from grabbing it. The key is to not waste too many resources (ie don't send your whole team) trying to stop him.

Also, I find clairvoyance to be effective against backdoor strats.
Just keep Rammus busy, interrupt him..poke..run away..repeat..he will be unable to cap and/or cap the point. Thus freeing up alot of time for your team to make their move. This will be hard in Solo Q...without being able to talk rapidly to your team...Maybe Riot thinks about getting an in-game chat like Teamspeak? It would help Solo Q alot..however it can cuz more trolls...

Travosaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
. It takes quite a bit of time to capture a point, and rammus isn't going to be able to force a point if you're defending it.
If only they put an item in dominion that provided sustain and increased capture speed that every rammus could and would purchase. Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazarack View Post
Just keep Rammus busy, interrupt him..poke..run away..repeat..he will be unable to cap and/or cap the point. Thus freeing up alot of time for your team to make their move. This will be hard in Solo Q...without being able to talk rapidly to your team...Maybe Riot thinks about getting an in-game chat like Teamspeak? It would help Solo Q alot..however it can cuz more trolls...
When you try to do this, he just rolls to a different node. Not like you can do anything about it.

FailIncorporated

09-22-2011

In the last 4 games i played there was a rammus that brought ghost and instantly rushed top and capped it before anyone else could even get there. then you can't even contend the turret because early game it will tear you apart if you dive. the other team gets a free cap and rammus is free to back door any time you decide to push anywhere else. Let us not forget the item that lets him cap faster. then he brings the ability that also lets him cap faster. now you have a back door machine that is hard to kill and can taunt you into the tower that he takes. gentlemen i give you instant rage!

Dentzu

09-22-2011

Quote:
I'm not sure. I think if your team is on the ball, a high mobility champion like rammus won't actually be able to take any points from you. It takes quite a bit of time to capture a point, and rammus isn't going to be able to force a point if you're defending it.

So, just ensure that you have someone paying attention to where [insert mobility champion here] is heading, and stop them from capping. The tower (and you!) will prevent them from grabbing it. The key is to not waste too many resources (ie don't send your whole team) trying to stop him.

Also, I find clairvoyance to be effective against backdoor strats.

The only problem with this is that Rammus can greatly exceed the speed cap with his sonic rip and the zephyr platforms, he can literally cross than map from spawn in about 10-12 seconds. I don't think that is very fun behavior for anyone on the opposing team, as Rammus literally may show up wherever he pleases and can get away from nearly all gank/brawl situations without fear of death.... and then go solo cap a node while your teammates that tried to chase him have to b or run around for some health boosts first.

Cap his speed while rolling in Dominion, please.

Kazarack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailIncorporated View Post
In the last 4 games i played there was a rammus that brought ghost and instantly rushed top and capped it before anyone else could even get there. then you can't even contend the turret because early game it will tear you apart if you dive. the other team gets a free cap and rammus is free to back door any time you decide to push anywhere else. Let us not forget the item that lets him cap faster. then he brings the ability that also lets him cap faster. now you have a back door machine that is hard to kill and can taunt you into the tower that he takes. gentlemen i give you instant rage!
Need to send 2 champs top like jax and xin...make me some Rammus Soup!

Sakir Har

09-22-2011

if it bothers you that much play draft pick hes banned basically every game,

Kazarack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakir Har View Post
if it bothers you that much play draft pick hes banned basically every game,
Very true!

Zoram

09-22-2011

learn 2 play the grammar game. Your teacher will give you achievements if you play it well enough.

innervation

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travosaga View Post
If only they put an item in dominion that provided sustain and increased capture speed that every rammus could and would purchase. Hmm

When you try to do this, he just rolls to a different node. Not like you can do anything about it.
This. CV is just a really small band aid on a pretty big cut. Looking forward to another dominion window so we can continue trying to counter pick/play a rammus (hint hint riot).

Dentzu

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox1st View Post
learn 2 play the grammar game. Your teacher will give you achievements if you play it well enough.

Sarcasm? I'm going with sarcasm.