Man down in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Årtanis

09-22-2011

Alright, So today I got to play around 10 games of dominion, won a few, lost a few more, and had some really close and fun matches, with the closest being a 4-0 win. However my last match was just depressing due to the fact that the 5th person never connected we started a man down. Now in Summoners rift this isnt really that big of a problem as it just takes a little more focus, Ive won matches where we were down a man. But in this case it was just crushing.

We didnt have the feeling of even being able to win, being destroyed in any sort of team fight and being outnumbered when trying to go for points, all we could do was slow down the enemy to a still rather crushing 140-0 defeat.

I was wondering, has anyone else had this problem and how did the match turn out for them? Also, does riot have any plans for trying to maintain some sort of balance in this situation.

BritticusMaximus

09-22-2011

Had a similar experience. It's like the game is unplayable with a man down. My game wasn't even nearly as close as OP's.

The format is so fast paced that it's crippling for them to have just one more person out there to capture.

alataria

09-22-2011

If a game is built to be intense with 5 compotent players against another 5 compotent players then there is and should be no way to win with 5v4. This is a major flaw in SR.

Årtanis

09-22-2011

In SR, if the teams are equally skilled, then it is still difficult to come back unless you do it correctly. It requires good timing and a strong early/mid game. If you have the skill, you can still turn it around with smart play. At least with what I saw earlier today, its not even fun to try in Dominion. We survived long enough because we had a Rammus and a Yi on our team who could use gorilla tactics on the enemy towers. Yet they didnt even really need to use tactics, they could more or less brute force their way through the towers using their number advantage. No strategy just numbers.

Not only that but its insanely annoying to sit in a queue for about 25 minutes only to have your 5th member never connect and get steamrolled.

Elysia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-22-2011

I completely agree. I had this problem as well.
First, the last 5% of this guy's loading took a total of 12 minutes. Yes, 12 minutes.
Then, the second he gets in game, he DC's.
We get ROLLED with a 5 cap fairly quickly.
Then he reconnects literally, right before the defeat screen popped.

Worst dominion experience. Sad to know leavers will pretty much ruin the entire game.