Dominion Gameplay Concepts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nukular power

09-23-2011

Really hit the nail on the head with point#1. If, as nidalee, I can get 3 ppl to chase me around in the jungle for 30 sec, even if I eventually die, I feel like I won.

Nokturnalex

09-23-2011

Roaming with Shaco is the most hilarious and funny thing I can ever recommend to anyone.

And I agree with Op that's pretty much how you play. BUT one thing he didn't mention is Team Composition very well. Remember you can't have a team full of long range harassment and win. It's good to have a steady 2-3 people who can get into melee and survive with the other 2 being able to stand back and dish out damage. This may be a hectic race to win, but you still need team composition strategy to survive.

Jack Oat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Bump

Patman Teh Great

09-23-2011

Can't forget Amumu as a great defender Hard to take down, crying interrupts, and if you can keep the tower with 3 trying to jump you, garrison+ult. It's fun getting a triple kill that way and getting to keep the point.

Integrity

09-23-2011

Bumped for the kids with downsies

Harate

09-23-2011

I LOVE the roaming role. I've been using teemo to zoom around the map capping enemy points and pissing them off as they try to recap. It's so much fun trolling

Kouri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2011

I definitely noticed a lot of this when I was playing, but having it spelled out so plainly helps a lot. Thank you for writing this up I think it will help a lot of people.

Boof Funnel

09-23-2011

i think maokai could be a very good defender with his snare and saplings from afar to interupt...chill in the bushes by minion spawns, when someone comes, sapling the point unfortunately i don't have him unlocked so i didn't get to test it

NakedGranny

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilvado View Post
Stating the boringly obvious.
the devs know this. how does this help them rebalance the grievous scaling and cooldowns issues?

Spellsy

Recruiter

09-23-2011

i really like the roles you've listed, i think your write up is pretty good at outlining the basic roles of champions in dominion!

however, i think there is one important role that i think deserves distinction. I would call this role like "utility" or "ganker".
I feel like this role is kind of a hybrid of "roamer/ninjacapper" and "fighter", while i understand that you have the basic setup of the fighters forcing fights, the roamers causing chaos running around capping points and forcing defenders to run around, but i feel like theres a hybrid here of a "utility" person, someone who has a combination of mobility and fighting potential who doesnt really push or defend, but instead just runs around the map helping fighters take points and then runs and helps defenders defend. the utility doesnt quite have the solo potential of a "fighter", doesnt have the mobility of a "bder", and doesnt have the defense potential of a "defender", but instead has like a combination of disable + mobility that makes them great in small teamfights and allows them to be in as many as possible.

some examples of this person imo would be like janna, nid, shen, or kennen (maybe shaco), they have mobility to get around the map, but dont excel in 1v1 situations, so instead they kinda just run around the map WINNING fights for their team, where they previously might be outnumbered or outclassed, thus setting your team up for a cap or a defense.

either way, nice job