Dominion Gameplay Concepts

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hotdogs

09-23-2011

i was writing something similar to this
might post it soon when i finish

Xin Kaishek

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrtsimehC View Post
I got the concept on my 3rd game: fastest champions wins
If that were the whole truth then instalocking Master Yi would be the new meta.

tarot witch

09-23-2011

If you get AP Shaco and someone who can clear creep waves quickly (Anivia, Sivir) defending top, no-one will be able to cap it, ever. AP Shaco is hilarious.

Praul

09-23-2011

Very nice insight. +1

Been playing a bunch of DM, especially last night. I never thought about busting out my beloved Sivir on this map. I'll definately try it out next beta. Again, thanks.

Oh boy, Sivir, Ghost, Promote. Now I am really excited about trying her.

EDIT: Another thing, having a strong pusher bot will force the enemy to bring 1-2 to stop you and giving you the advantage up top at Wind.

Ghostraider

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmarck View Post
Wow, you really got the game's basics, a lot of people should be reading this.
I main Akali on SR and I gotta tell you that I'm happy I have a lot of experience with her, she is GOOD in this new map.

My basic concept to win is that there is AT LEAST 1 tower undefended by the other team, I just go there, make it neutral and kill someone if he/she is alone, or run away to another tower if more than one.
A simple rule like that made me win all but 1 match ^^
I have the exact same simple strat with shaco even better is I can plant boxes along the route to the tower hopefully delay long enought to cap the tower.

Gynso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

bump

Best Reimu NA

09-23-2011

I have yet to see someone mention how much Poppy can fulfill any of these roles.

Defender = Waste enemy time with stun and take away tons of hp. Great at zone control and with a movespeed steroid she can get back in position should she need to shut down someone.

Attacker = One of the best 1v1ers in the game, and simply annihilates squishy champs. Great burst and excels in the assassin role.

Roaming = With a movespeed steroid and some boots of mobility, Poppy can effectively fulfill this role (though not as well as Rammus, Singed, Master Yi) while maintaining an aspect of dominance on squishy champs.

The only problems with Poppy is she has a bad matchup with all the Tier 1 roamers: Rammus, Singed, Master Yi. Luckily though, if you're playing draft these champs are often banned.

royh

09-23-2011

Yea akali is awesome on this map. Stop saying it though. I don't want her banned!
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lagutar

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Cow View Post
My friends and I had a pretty good strategy working.

Two "defenders" to take the two nodes adjacent to the base and hold them.
Champions that excelled at this role were Shaco, Heimerdinger, Yorick, Cho'gath.

3 "attackers" to head directly for the windmill. Each attacker was specialized in some way (One tanky, one hard dps, and one speed for ninja capping).
The best attackers were Gangplank, Lee Sin, Rammus, Jarvan, Teemo, Yi, Akali, etc.

With heimer and shaco defending, no advances could be made on our bottom or central nodes. This lockdown allowed us to consistently 3-cap no matter what the situation. I expect to see some 'total defense' strategies like this in the future.
I found that a bursty assassin is a good choice for bot. Talon's ability to get a champ to low health quickly is really nice at a tower. Even 1v2, Talon has enough AoE to do significant damage while you wait for your mid or jungle to reinforce (if even necessary). Straight stacking AD on Talon was incredibly effective.

Sutok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2011

I find that Katarina is quite an effective defender due to her ability to jump around and hit multiple enemies to distract. I've been rocking katarina even better than in summoner's rift.

12345678 ... 10