Dominion has at least one glaring issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatalend

09-22-2011

Backdooring is rampant because there is NO incentive to push minion waves. They come out of weird spots, and they don't really do anything. It's almost like there shouldn't even be minions on the map. Because of it, there is no clear objective and the game mode seems like a cluster.

BlastTyrant

09-22-2011

i agree im pretty sure when i played i didnt even touch the minions

Algol1

09-22-2011

I like how it you don't need to go Nunu Bot mode.
pushpushpushpushpushpush

Warkeiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

You're not really supposed to push with minion waves most of the time.

The reason backdooring is rampant is because, if I understood correctly, they don't want you to have this feeling of inevitable loss that you may get around the 20 minute mark in Summoner's Rift. Personally, I've only played ~4 games of Dominion but in three of the four we were fairly close for the majority of the game.

Pushing with minion waves is rewarded with faster captures and a chance at capturing regardless of whether or not enemy champions show up.

Vember

09-22-2011

This is why we defend our points people... take and hold 3.. there's so much "backdooring" because people are always chasing kills and leaving their team's points.

Minions are pretty big in this mode even if you don't realize it.. they can quickly neutralize/cap a point for you if they get onto an enemy's node.

Akesgeroth

09-22-2011

Unless you use the promote spell, minions are inconsequential. They're only good if you build a wave of them and there isn't anyone to defend against it.

Mind you, the point of minions is to make it a bad idea to leave towers undefended.

Mornus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I wasn't aware the minions were supposed to matter, thats how insignificant they usually are.