Incentives in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnarchyTheRza

09-22-2011

The two obvious problems ive noticed, and seem to be pointed out.

There is no incentive to: A: Teamfight, B: Push minion waves.

A: My first game i played eve with about 550 move speed, and had the highest score in the game. We won by several hundred, and i never fought a single champion. Second game i played teemo, did the same, just shroomed everywhere, ran to al the caps, and never fought anyone. We won by a ton. Doesnt matter how fed the other team is if you just never fight them. ITs possible that this is just first day problems, people not knowing how to counter, but the fact that there are no wards is a HUGE deal. People are pretty ragey when it comes to backdooring in summoners rift, its probably out of control on dominipn.

Also, 3rd game i played kog, and just stood in between two capture points, and ulted them constantly while they tried to cap. that game was rather god actually, final score was 1:0. Super intense.

B: YEs, minions are worth gold, and yes if you are fed you can take over capture points. However refer to my first point, the game seems to be more centered around backdooring constantly(no wards, once again. Huge deal) while certain champs, like rammus or alistar, hold points for as long as possible. Fed or not fed doesnt matter much, the games are so fast, the more time you spend pushing minions, the less time you are capturing objectives.

Just some thought, make the minions wortha ton more gold, reduce the gold/second, and make the minions alot stronger, or at least do alot more damage to capture points.

Also, make extrta item slots. If you get fed, and have like 8 full items befor they have 5 or 6, then you could dominate way easier. More incentives to earn gold.

And finally, WARDS.

I like dominion, it's alot of fun, super crazy, and fast paced. Like an arcade version of league of legends. Im sure the game will have tons of fixes and changes, just my thoughts after the first few times playing.

Saruyan

09-22-2011

that kinda defeats the purpose of domnions not be like SR style.

AnarchyTheRza

09-22-2011

If there isnt any fighting in dominion, it will grow pretty stale after a few plays. I mean its fun and new now, but i dont think i could spend all day running around playing capturing the flag online without any skirmishes. There should be a penalty for not engaging the enemy team.

Im not saying that backdooring should be made useless, im saying there is ZERO incentive to do anything else. Make there a reason to have a normalized team comp, who excels at beating the other team straight out. If you win a teamfight, take an objective. Currently if your team wins a fight, its usually 4 on 3, and you lose 2 objectives to the one you took.

Im just talking about make normalized gameplay worth something, not make it summoners rift remix.