Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Support isnt good for dominion? (Really?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Richmyjz

09-22-2011

First time playing I tried soraka and everyone flamed me (which is why i'm asking this) but W/E/R? seriously that's like...total control over a turrent when partnered.

Idk I just want to hear a few people speak out on this topic and explain to me the cons/pros because I dont see why any team wouldnt want a support running around healing.

Would Taric be a better choice? I'm more into healing and helping in LoL and i usually play Ashe...kinda squishy so idk what to do really.

Judah

09-22-2011

Shields rape. Support Oriana and Karma - Amazing.

Not sure about Taric or Soraka. Haven't tried them out in Dominion yet.

Xariann

09-22-2011

I have seen a few Ashe in my dominion games and they were fine. If you are a squishy AD carry in Summoner Rift (since you can't really apply that role in Dominion so I am specifying) you might not want to go around on your own though. I find that whenever I played Vayne, while I could obviously deal some punishment, roaming wasn't always a good choice on my own.

I have seen a couple of Tarics. They didn't impress me but they might have not been good players.

I haven't seen a Soraka in Dominion yet, but I have seen a Sona and she wasn't as useful. I do get the feeling that some support aren't so good, but maybe when people figured it out a bit more there will be more space for them.

Richmyjz

09-22-2011

I just played Taric and he's not half bad...I had a very disorganized team but I could hold windmill alone against Yi and Morde at ~lvl14-16 (we lost after i hit 17) Stun+armor+building AP tore it up.