Mid buff is too OP on certain champs, (MIght have a solution?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YangsLove

09-22-2011

So as I was playing the beta version of Dominion today, I noticed that the mid buff is very OP on certain champs, like for example, Jax.
Once he has that buff his leap does insane damage to carries or anyone with low resist.

I have an idea that would make the mid buff less overpowered and make the game play focus more than just capturing points on the map.

How about, lessening the effect of the buff and instead make it somewhat weaker and increase the duration of obtaining the buff, but here's the catch. How about not only one person getting the buff, how about the WHOLE team gets the buff.
This would make opposing teams watch the mid more carefully and protect it more, as I've seen and experienced today that the mid is not that highly attended and not as well guarded as in Baron in a 5v5 game.

This would adjust the game play to, more of like a 'jungle control' and 'capture point objective' than just rushing to capture points and defending and repeating the process. Because then there will be attention in the mid and the advantage of having the buff makes it easier to obtain capture points and defend, so acing the enemy team now has much of a bigger impact than just capturing points on the overall game, making people wanting to die less and coming back quickly as the buff can give a significant amount of advantage to players.

What about people rushing for the buff at game start up?
Well my solution for that would be after a certain time limit it will be able to show up for the players to obtain.

If you ace the enemy team why bother getting the buff? Just capture the points..?
Well here's the thing, after acing an enemy team, you will have some time to do whatever you want, so if you get the buff, wouldn't your team be on an advantage even when they wake back up? Obviously you are going to be a lot stronger and you will already be to certain capture points long before they can even get there. Giving you the chance of acing them again possibly and winning the game. Note: ... not all players need to get the buff, maybe one or two team mates can go capture points while the others get it.

This truly sounds like a great idea but yea, just an opinion.

Also just a few things I've noticed about the Dominion game play...
Basically, fast moving, stealthy, tanky with some damage, late-game scaler, wins the match. I don't have an idea in mind at the moment to fix this but it would be better if you could feel safe to use other champs that you know won't be getting slaughtered like crazy during 9-12 minute games in Dominion.

Well thanks a bunch for reading!

AshenOutlaw

09-22-2011

I like. +1

psymunn

09-22-2011

i'm pretty sure the buff isn't team wide specifically because they did not want the game to be about buff control

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Buffs are limited for a reason.
Red or Blue buff makes certain champs OP on SR...

lawlamanjaro

09-22-2011

i like it +1 and too ^^^ Baron makes all champs Op thats the point