Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Scoring - Come backs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Conway

09-22-2011

I was just wondering how exactly the scoring works. I've played a few matches and most have ended up being enemy come backs but my team captures more points back and is still losing points on the nexus. Maybe I'm just not seeing something obvious but any explanation would be great. Thanks.

DarkRánger

09-22-2011

You need 3 points to actually do damage to a nexus, and you need to hold them to actually win >>

juz501

09-22-2011

there are things that also give points .. like quests etc.

XULTRAX

09-22-2011

I DEFINETLY think that the scoring system needs a tweak, for SOME reason people with most kills have most points? WTF? When clearly they arent helping capture or anything, they just go and chase kids.

Grovel

09-22-2011

There's gotta be a handicap of some kind to keep things close- no matter how one sided a game starts, they always seem to be decided by 10pts or less.

Tc3001

Recruiter

09-22-2011

The enemy loses X points every ~2 seconds. X is determined by how many more control points you have over the enemy. As far as I know, X can not surpass 2.

Also, in the first 300 seconds (I think), completing objectives and killing enemies reduces their nexus health.

DarkRánger

09-22-2011

Quote:
XULTRAX:
I DEFINETLY think that the scoring system needs a tweak, for SOME reason people with most kills have most points? WTF? When clearly they arent helping capture or anything, they just go and chase kids.

Went 12-0-9 in my first match and got 5th....they obviously DID help cap points, so please, sit down

EDIT: HOWEVER, they do need to change the system, if someone sits at a point and defends it that person gets some pretty ****ty points, when they themselves are actually helping. I got third and i stayed at Mill the whole match, that point was NEVER capped by the enemy.

D3matt

09-22-2011

What is close game of which you speak? Every game I play is a completely steamroll one way or the other.

Vember

09-22-2011

Quote:
DarkRánger:
You need 3 points to actually do damage to a nexus, and you need to hold them to actually win >>

No you don't.. you can hold 1 point and still hurt their nexus.. as long as the rest of the points are neutral.

If you control more points than the enemy their nexus will take damage and you're will remain unharmed save for kill points etc and vice versa.. the more points you hold over your enemy the faster their nexus drops.

One horrible mind set I dealt with was someone on my team assumed we would win because their nexus was at like 30 and ours like 150 and figured theirs would just tick down before we could possibly lose.. wrong they took and held 3 and the game ended at like 0-13 or something stupid..

DarkRánger

09-22-2011

Quote:
Sykotic Oroh:
No you don't.. you can hold 1 point and still hurt their nexus.. as long as the rest of the points are neutral.

If you control more points than the enemy their nexus will take damage and you're will remain unharmed save for kill points etc and vice versa.. the more points you hold over your enemy the faster their nexus drops.

One horrible mind set I dealt with was someone on my team assumed we would win because their nexus was at like 30 and ours like 150 and figured theirs would just tick down before we could possibly lose.. wrong they took and held 3 and the game ended at like 0-13 or something stupid..

I know, but do you really expect for all of the points to remain neutral? Of course not, and if you do the math, i AM right, you need to cap 3 and hold them to win...why am i wrong? You need 3 to actually hurt the nexus, otherwise, yours would be the one ticking down.